Thread: Anyone else watching the BBC comedy "Detectorists?"

Anyone else watching the BBC comedy "Detectorists?"

Last night I watched 2 episodes on NETFLIX and really enjoyed them. There is more back-story than just metal detecting and it is very funny!

In the first episode our heroes are way out in the middle of a huge field and one of them digs up a Matchbox car (Chevrolet Corvette he reads off the bottom). He says "How does a Matchbox car end up way out here in the middle of this field?" "Who would come all they way out here just to play with toy cars?"

Tell me that hasn't been said by ALL of us at least once in our detecting careers! LOL.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Dave , my younger Daughter watched all 6 first season episodes with me last weekend and her first reply was "this isn't like the other detecting shows " and then she told me it actually is just about people who happen to metal detect. And that it is "kinda funny" (her words)
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

It's the best show there has ever been for detecting. It's great.
    Dig Colonial or Go Home

Personal Website www.cttodd.com

Quote Originally Posted by CTTodd View Post
    It's the best show there has ever been for detecting. It's great.
    i agree , its priceless and bloody funny

Awee... I couldn't find it on Hulu. I had Netflix before but now on Hulu because it updates TV shows faster. It was a funny series the ones I did get to watch.

Yeah, I've watched the first five episodes (still one more to go). Read BBC has contracted on a second season but don't know if (or when) a planned release date is. If Netflix stays with custom they'll come out all at once. Agree with others, a nice little series and is realistic about metal detecting (i.e. they find more junk than treasure). MD'ing is just the back story though. Love the episode where they're in the old field and keep digging Matchbox Cars. I think we've all been in a similar situation!

John
    Vermont relic hunting, one swing at a time.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG2...OLib30A/videos

Actually they have 2 seasons complete and the third season is up in the air last I heard. Netflix is always a ways behind on TV shows, but hoping they will have season 2 soon since season 1 was left with sort of a cliff hanger. I need something to watch during my lunch at work!
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2023 Silver: 1 Gold: 0

Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDigger View Post
    Last night I watched 2 episodes on NETFLIX and really enjoyed them. There is more back-story than just metal detecting and it is very funny!

In the first episode our heroes are way out in the middle of a huge field and one of them digs up a Matchbox car (Chevrolet Corvette he reads off the bottom). He says "How does a Matchbox car end up way out here in the middle of this field?" "Who would come all they way out here just to play with toy cars?"

Tell me that hasn't been said by ALL of us at least once in our detecting careers! LOL.
    can i get netflix episodes on free website?