Thread: etrac research

etrac research

I'm looking to get a etrac ,right now I have a atpro and a whites xlt. I find a lot of targets with both of them but little silver. I know silver is in the area just having trouble finding it. all the youtube movies show the etrac finding all kinds of silver.
    So my question is how much of this is just hype?
    I realize they only show good targets but surely they find clad also.

I'm not a minelab guy but if you are looking for silver in parks , schools or house yards the etrac does it pretty darn well too !
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

I can't speak directly for the Etrac since I use the CTX, but basically the same FBS type circuitry. I know that since I switched from a single frequence machine to the FBS, I'll never go back. One area I had been hunting with a really good single frequency machine didn't turn up much. But when I went back later with the CTX I uncovered lots of silver dimes, a war nickle, an IH, and a LC plus tons of clad and misc. relics that had been completely missed because of being severely masked by iron or other trash.
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2024: Silver 1, Gold 0
    Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: Late 1700's Chinese Cash Coin, 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest Relic find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America
    Quote: Treasures are like potato chips, you can never have just one!

I found some silver with my xlt and a little with my atpro but I think there should be more and deeper coins and relics , so I'm going to take the plunge when I get back from Florida just in time for the spring thaw. Until then Ill keep watching and researching on youtube.

I swing the e-trac and love it. Yes, I still find clad and pull tabs, but in my opinion the e-trac sniffs out the silver. Just my opinion!!
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 5
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1, barber qtr 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

i also had a xlt it is a great machine and i found a lot of coins with it but i also heard about the etracs and i got one a few years back i can tell you one thing if you learn it even after a short while i began to find silver in places i had hunted for years it will increase your silver finds a lot but you still have to be where the older coins were lost good luck you will not be sorry

I use an Etrac and I have found a lot of silver, in my opinion anyway. It is my favorite detector and I find it very user friendly. So if you have $1500 that you can justify parting with then get one!

BUT I honestly think that as long as you know your detector, no matter what make it is, AND your coil goes over a silver, then you should find silver with ANY detector. I put more stock in doing research and hunting old homes/parks than I do in using my Etrac vs my ACE150. I do think that my Etrac goes deeper than my other detectors WITH the same size coil, so maybe it has an advantage there.

If you get one I hope you learn it well and do the research on detecting spots.
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)

I'm going to kellyco in febuary and I'm going to try one . at this point I'm going to take the leap and buy one maybe they will have a sale or I can find a good used one.

well I sold my xlt and now its on to the etrac.

You will not be sorry about getting an E-trac!
    I started out with a DFX for land detecting. I found only one silver with it, a barber quarter that was pushed closer to the surface when swings were put in to a local park. It was about 4" down. I've only found two other silver coins with it since.

After getting my E-Trac I hit one old park that I pulled three seated dimes, a "V" nickel a shield nickel and a two cent piece from. My first year learning the E-Trac I pulled 33 silver coins.
    Angellionel has a list of settings on this site. ( under Minelab - E-Trac User Settings And Programs ) If you use those settings the silver will scream out with a high pitch sound to let you know it's there.

GL/HH
    Last edited by RaZR; 01-07-2016 at 11:07 AM.
    2018 silver coins=4
    Silver rings=
    Gold rings=
    Wheats=11
    I.H.=
    Buff=
    Clad=$21.31
    Dollar coins=2
    CTX3030, DFX w/Bigfoot, Beachhunter300, E-Trac.
    Hunting Michigan wet or dry!
    Oldest coin ever = King George II half penny 1729-1754
    Oldest U.S. coin = 1834 L.C.
    Oldest silver ever = 1839 seated half dime

very excited about what I've heard and read about the etrac so in February i'm going to stop into kellyco and try one out.

Dirtyknees check your pm....

I talked to kellyco about your offer but the couldn't tell me if the extra accessories were inciuded

I haven't got my etrac yet but I have a question about nulling. everyone talks about it but I don't know what there saying. is it like the xlt
    where there is a constant noise and the noise goes away when you go over certain targets?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyknees View Post
    I haven't got my etrac yet but I have a question about nulling. everyone talks about it but I don't know what there saying. is it like the xlt
    where there is a constant noise and the noise goes away when you go over certain targets?
    yes nulling is when the machine's coil goes over iron that has been discriminated out , so instead of making a positive sound like over a good target the machine cancels out the iron and you hear it null over the iron.
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

thanks for your input I thought thats what was ment just needed to be sure.