Thread: State of the Detectorist Union Address

Veteran Member leslie(nova scotia)'s Avatar

State of the Detectorist Union Address

Brethren of the coil. The year 2015 saw our rank and file swell as our global community expanded. As members of this universal fraternity it is our sworn duty to welcome, support and educate newbies to the nuances of evolving into a full fledged digaholic. Let not pride, prejudice nor our preconceived notions bar us from this quest.
    Take a moment to consider the ramifications of not adhering to this principle. Chaos. Utter chaos! Neanderthal newbies foraging federally protected sites, digging up private property without consent; leaving holes with no remorse. The neophytes of our great past time must be nurtured, no indoctrinated to the code of ethics least we all suffer the consequences.
    For the veterans let this be a year of revitalization of the kindred spirit of the young boy seeking that buried pirate treasure. A year of reuniting with friends, hunting buddies and local clubs. A year of reciprocation. Giving back to this great hobby that has touched each and every one of it's practitioners in a positive light. God protect and give us guidance in this life long pursuit.
    From the land of the Bluenose.....life is a beach at least till the tide comes in and the Bud is all gone. Swish and dig at the drop of a dime!

Neanderthal ..............what chew talkin bout Willis ?

Here Here-I'll toast to that!

Neanderthal ..............what chew talkin bout Willis ?
    Too funny!
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2024: Silver 1, Gold 0
    Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: Late 1700's Chinese Cash Coin, 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest Relic find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America
    Quote: Treasures are like potato chips, you can never have just one!

Quote Originally Posted by leslie(nova scotia) View Post
    Chaos. Utter chaos! Neanderthal newbies foraging federally protected sites, digging up private property without consent; leaving holes with no remorse. The neophytes of our great past time must be nurtured, no indoctrinated to the code of ethics least we all suffer the consequences.
    When you say the misbehaving neophytes should be indoctrinated, if that includes wrapping their detectors around their necks, then I am all for it.
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

Nicely said Leslie! All the best to all in 2016!
    Minelab Manticore / SPECTRA V3i, Pro-Pointer II. Lesche Digger.
    Oldest Copper: 1694 William & Mary Halfpenny. Oldest Silver: 1663 1-Reale
    Cob.

My Album

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel View Post
    Nicely said Leslie! All the best to all in 2016!
    Yep...Thanks, Les!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

"Brethren of The Coil" ... I might have to start using that!
    Land of Two Seasons - Snow and Fire Danger.

Here, here!! I'll second that!
    Here's to a great season "brothern of the coil"!
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

Quote Originally Posted by leslie(nova scotia) View Post
    Brethren of the coil. The year 2015 saw our rank and file swell as our global community expanded. As members of this universal fraternity it is our sworn duty to welcome, support and educate newbies to the nuances of evolving into a full fledged digaholic. Let not pride, prejudice nor our preconceived notions bar us from this quest.
    Take a moment to consider the ramifications of not adhering to this principle. Chaos. Utter chaos! Neanderthal newbies foraging federally protected sites, digging up private property without consent; leaving holes with no remorse. The neophytes of our great past time must be nurtured, no indoctrinated to the code of ethics least we all suffer the consequences.
    For the veterans let this be a year of revitalization of the kindred spirit of the young boy seeking that buried pirate treasure. A year of reuniting with friends, hunting buddies and local clubs. A year of reciprocation. Giving back to this great hobby that has touched each and every one of it's practitioners in a positive light. God protect and give us guidance in this life long pursuit.
    I am qualified to answer for all the newbies having had my first and new detector for a week now AND just recently got my DNA test back and yes... I have confirmed Neanerthal genes in me. To bring a little hope to all your worried souls, I have not left my yard nor even the woods behind my house pockmarked with unfilled holes. I found 11 coins my first day in my yard, but nothing older than 1972. Out in my woods I have found lots of nails, foil, a few small .22 bullets and a .32 four ring wadcutter. I have the bug, I have a plan, I have spent hours researching both detectors, laws, best practices and sites. I hope to 'one day' join the ranks of your Grand Ol' Fraternity and call myself a Detectorist. But for now I'll happily be a newbie gettin dirty almost daily and trying to understand what my detector is telling me. Quick question: what does silver sound like?

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
    Digging for history with my Garrett AT Pro (first and only md).