I got out with Trooper Bri yesterday for only a half a day as the snowstorm was about to hit the New England area . We stayed pretty local just in case the weathermen were right for a change . The site was a very small cellar site with possible second home site and barn area.

It wasn't long before the wind picked up and the dreaded white stuff started to fall .

My best find of the day came early on near the small older type cellar , it was a "ratty" sounding target but i always dig these . It was a nice larger oval colonial knee buckle with an iron chape and tongue (the reason it sounded rough) and pretty much complete .first one of the year

After about four hours the snow was driving pretty good and the site got very quiet and Brian and I called it quits for the day . Besides my vdi screen was getting hard to see

my finds of the hunt included a decorative furniture escutcheon (brass pate) , the colonial knee buckle , a huge oxknob , a brass tube (maybe to an old fishing pole or alike) and a broken half shoe buckle frame .

After the snowstorm we here in Enfield got about 4 to 5 inches of snow , so it could be the last hunt for a while . It could of been much worse snow-wise. D

Dan