Thread: Headphones - What do you use?

Headphones - What do you use?

I'm looking to upgrade my headphones this year. My Garrett headphones are finally wearing out.

I was wondering what you guys use and how you like them?

Thanks
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 4
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

You know me Don, I'm old school. I use a tin can and string connected to my e-trac. :-). Actually I bought a pair of those minelab UR-30 headphones on eBay. They're not cheap. I think I found mine for about $60 and thought that was a pretty good deal.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Jolly Rogers for the last few months. I like them okay. In the summer they sealed so tight against my ears it pulled a vacuum on my eardrums when I would sweat. I made some cloth covers and that solved that. Other than that, I like the cheap $22 lightweight Garrett's. I'm curious about the Grey Ghosts too,,,,
    Primary machine= Teknetics T2

2016 Totals
    Oldest Coin= 1920 Wheat Cent
    Silver Coins= 0
    Rings= 1

I actually have several sets. I have the grey ghost underwater ones for my CTX, and the good Koss ones that were included with my X-Terra. I'm not too fond of the Grey Ghost, but I can see where they would be good with water hunting. The Koss have great sound but I really hate the straight cord and I always get snagged with it.

In my opinion the best are the Detector Pro Black Widow headphones. They are pricey at $135, but the sound is phenomenal! The volume is really loud so I have to keep them turned down, but it has been handy in really noisy places such as along busy highways-even heavy trucks going by at 60MPH didn't drown these out. They are sort of bulky, but that's due to the bigger speakers and thick padding that forms a good seal and are very comfortable. They have 2 toggle switches on the side-one for on/off and the other is a volume limiter so you don't blow your ears to the next county when you run your coil over that big silver dollar or buried Edsel. The cord has a 90 degree connector which I like as it keeps down the profile when using my wireless module in my pocket. Some complain that the cord seems too short, but I found it to be perfect in my case and I rarely ever get snagged on anything any more.

Well, that's my 2 cents worth-hope it helps!
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2023 Silver: 1 Gold: 0

Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America

Thanks for the advice guys
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 4
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

I use the ultra light cordless backphones with my Deus. With my DFX, I have the one-eared Rattler head phones. I am usually out in the woods so I don't need insulation from background traffic though.
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

I've never used headphones, to the consternation of my partners ....but lately I've started trying it ...and am starting to like it. This info doesn't help you at all, so I'll shut up now
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    I've never used headphones, to the consternation of my partners ....
    So that wasn't a rutting bull elk that I was hearing last time we went detecting Drew ?
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

Quote Originally Posted by Lodge Scent View Post
    So that wasn't a rutting bull elk that I was hearing last time we went detecting Drew ?

nope, just large iron grunts!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

i am lucky i still have the old radio shack headphones for the e trac cordless it would be hard to go withouit them they are almost impossible to find anymore

my cordless rapoo"s are great.....and dead cheap

Santa brought me a new pair of Gray Ghost deep woods headphones and I really like them a lot! They fit snugly and don't move around on my head, and they also block outside noise a lot better.
    Lifetime totals:
    9 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 19 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg