Thread: Lost a friend

Lost a friend

Well after more than ten years and thousands of hours my Whites DFX has been placed in the mail to go back to Sweet Home Or.

After all this time , the machine has seen some rough abuse at times . Spills , falls , hours out in the frigid below freezing temps , caught in torrential downpours and high humidity heat year after year and this is the first time its needed anything. I give Whites huge amounts of credit for building such a durable and dependable machine .It has paid for itself many many times over .

When you have a machine for quite a while you really know it inside and out and know when its not "feelin well" , well "she" has been under the weather for quite a few months now acting very erratic and falsing at times but always when aircraft get within a certain range (and that seems like almost everywhere we went every ten minutes of a hunt) .She never did this from the get go and has gotten a lot worse from when i first started noticing , I've been using it despite this because the weather has been good but i felt as though i was at a disadvantage or handicap.

So I wrote a brief list of the few issues it had packed it up well and hopefully i can get it back soon.

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Good luck and hoping for the best. I've not had one for anywhere near that long but even after a season with my f2 I felt a bond to it and understand it pretty well so I can only imagine the confidence you must have in your machine

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

Nothing an e-trac can't fix! LOL. Hope your machine comes back to you as good as new. HH, Dave.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Are you using the TDI in the mean time? Oh wait....we can't hunt now
    You have a great relationship with your DFX. I hope it doesn't need much work and is back in time for the great spring season!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    Well after more than ten years and thousands of hours my Whites DFX has been placed in the mail to go back to Sweet Home Or.

After all this time , the machine has seen some rough abuse at times . Spills , falls , hours out in the frigid below freezing temps , caught in torrential downpours and high humidity heat year after year and this is the first time its needed anything. I give Whites huge amounts of credit for building such a durable and dependable machine .It has paid for itself many many times over .

When you have a machine for quite a while you really know it inside and out and know when its not "feelin well" , well "she" has been under the weather for quite a few months now acting very erratic and falsing at times but always when aircraft get within a certain range (and that seems like almost everywhere we went every ten minutes of a hunt) .She never did this from the get go and has gotten a lot worse from when i first started noticing , I've been using it despite this because the weather has been good but i felt as though i was at a disadvantage or handicap.

So I wrote a brief list of the few issues it had packed it up well and hopefully i can get it back soon.

Dan
    It will be ok Dan. She'll be home soon.
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 5
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1, barber qtr 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

It's ok Dan. She'll be fine.
    I'd be more concerned about the shipping process. Going from coast to coast , careless handling...
    All the stories I've heard over the years, from folks having to have their "babies" worked on, have all had a happy ending!
    So I'm sure you'll be just as happy as all the others as soon as you have your baby back in your loving little hands!
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

Quote Originally Posted by groundhog53946 View Post
    Good luck and hoping for the best. I've not had one for anywhere near that long but even after a season with my f2 I felt a bond to it and understand it pretty well so I can only imagine the confidence you must have in your machine

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk
    Between having the machine and doing the same type of detecting for so long i can usually tell what i found before i uncover it , I 've amazed a few people who must of thought i was psychic its the weird target sounds and vdi's that are the ones that interest me most!!

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDigger View Post
    Nothing an e-trac can't fix! LOL. Hope your machine comes back to you as good as new. HH, Dave.
    Dave one of these days i might "break down" and give in to the dark side but not anytime soon !!

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    Are you using the TDI in the mean time? Oh wait....we can't hunt now
    You have a great relationship with your DFX. I hope it doesn't need much work and is back in time for the great spring season!
    Drew i sent it in because of the amount of snow and colder weather on the way but now i hear we might get temps in the 40's by wednesday. The tdi has found coppers at 15 inches before so a little snow wouldn't bother me

Quote Originally Posted by Digger Don View Post
    It will be ok Dan. She'll be home soon.
    Don in a few months I'll be getting a new machine , although I haven't finally decided on which one yet from the couple of finalists . So i also wanted the dfx to be in top shape just in case i do decide to sell it down the road . The good people at Sweet Home are awesome and I have no doubt it will be like a new machine when it comes home .

Quote Originally Posted by Ill Digger View Post
    It's ok Dan. She'll be fine.
    I'd be more concerned about the shipping process. Going from coast to coast , careless handling...
    All the stories I've heard over the years, from folks having to have their "babies" worked on, have all had a happy ending!
    So I'm sure you'll be just as happy as all the others as soon as you have your baby back in your loving little hands!
    Tim , the machine was acting "funny" way back when you were out here but was more on an off for bad days . I was glad it was manageable for the two hunts with you.

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    Tim , the machine was acting "funny" way back when you were out here but was more on an off for bad days . I was glad it was manageable for the two hunts with you.
    Seemed to work just fine while I was there!

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

I feel your pain Dan. I hated to send mine in few years back for some work but it came back good as new. Whites customer care is second to none. The DFX is a rugged machine ! I'll be using the DFX this spring when things melt at my daughter's house. She wants to use my "fancy" Deus. I'm going to program the DFX as close as I can to the way I set up the Deus (fast and noisy) and see what happens
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

well I got an update as to my wayward machine and it apparently needed a lot of care .... here is a list of what the service tech replaced or did .

Replaced worn toggle switch
    Replaced bad window,keypad
    Replaced bad front pod and lcd
    Replaced worn cam Tested and inspected

boy was i "handicapped" from its performance !!!

so now i'd like to direct this quote to my friends and hunting partner Trooper Bri , HEAVYMETALNUT and Thiltzy.
    its from the famous Emmet "Doc" Brown

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious " " .

hopefully I'll have it back before next weekend , its been sheer without it !

Dan