Thread: Silver and old wheats today , Rings #19 - #23

Silver and old wheats today , Rings #19 - #23

Got out early this morning and hunted one of my favorite schools . Right away I had a +74 at 7 inches , turned out to be a 1919S wheat cent . Next good find was in the back part of the soccer field . It was a +75 at 5 inches , silver ring . Next I found a cool old ring that was 6 inches deep and has a round glass stone on it . Then my DD coil took a dump on me . I put on the 12 inch coil and off I went for more . I found a 1942 S wheat and one more junk ring . The other two rings and the 1947 nickel and 1928S wheat were found last Sunday . Total clad for 3 hours was $ 10.48 .
    I also took a picture of all the crap I dug during the hunt .
    HH
    Glen
    Attached Images Attached Images          
    Always looking for that next ring !!

10 dollars for 3 hours would be great for me. Congrats on the loot

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

Veteran Member leslie(nova scotia)'s Avatar
    Nice streak going PLS. In 47 years at this hobby my tops is 87 for the year...gold and silver. Those days are long gone now with so many doing water and the developement of the area. Keep the dream alive youz!
    From the land of the Bluenose.....life is a beach at least till the tide comes in and the Bud is all gone. Swish and dig at the drop of a dime!

Nice job! Congrats on the rings. Sorry to hear about the coil.
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2024: Silver 1, Gold 0
    Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: Late 1700's Chinese Cash Coin, 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest Relic find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America
    Quote: Treasures are like potato chips, you can never have just one!

very respectable group of digs

Nice stuff! How did you get that nickel so shiny? Or is the ground good to coins over there?

Bummer about the coil. I recently had my AT Pro coil crack and was out of business for a week or two. Garrett replaced my coil free of charge and had awesome customer service
    Coins found so far: (DETECTING SINCE JULY 2015)
    Silver - 1 SLQ, 6 Washingtons, 11 Mercs, 8 Rosies, 1 Barber Dime, 7 War Nickels
    Others - 6 buffalo nickels, 1 large cent, 1 colonial copper, 5 IHP, and too many wheats.

DETECTORS USED
    Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250, and Pro-Pointer AT

Quote Originally Posted by relichunterryan View Post
    Nice stuff! How did you get that nickel so shiny? Or is the ground good to coins over there?

Bummer about the coil. I recently had my AT Pro coil crack and was out of business for a week or two. Garrett replaced my coil free of charge and had awesome customer service
    I tumbled the nickel . I'm going to call Whites this week . They have replaced 3 coils for me over the years .
    Glen
    Always looking for that next ring !!

Superstar to find that much clad in 3 hours on top of all that junk. Talk about dialed in on searching. The ground where you hunt must be fairly easy to work in, I did enjoy CA hunting for the day I was out there. A lot easier to dig your soil than here in WI. Sorry to hear about the coil, that is unfortunate. Good thing you had a backup with you!
    Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Waterproof Pinpointer, CTX3030 with 6,11,17" coils.