Thread: Hi I'm in Houston and I'm new

Hi I'm in Houston and I'm new

Being a newbie female--Hi everybody! I need to chat with another female to find out if she goes out alone or always takes a buddy. I have a lot of places I want to check but this day and time, I can see me out minding my own business, then naturally get distracted and some derelick comes along and swipes my detector and runs off. I paid $250 for it and I don't want to have to replace it because I didn't think.

Silky T

Hello Silky T , welcome to the forum . We have a few female hobbyists here including our website owner , hopefully one of them can chime in . I personally prefer to detect with someone for many reasons but mostly to share some of the excitement of making great finds and good laughs . Again welcome and hope to see you post up some cool finds .

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Welcome Silky T. I was just in Houston a few weeks back and detected by Sylvan Beach. Like anything in life, be aware and stay safe and if you are not comfortable where you are at, then don't go. I found out that when I get "dialed in" to detecting, I don't look around myself like I should when I am alone.
    Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Waterproof Pinpointer, CTX3030 with 6,11,17" coils.

Yeah, I agree with badgers325, I also get "blinders" on when detecting. I hope you find a partner ...and welcome to the site!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Hey Silky T, I, too, am female, and while I have thought about the consequences of being accosted, I also remain vigilant about my surroundings, go to "safe" places (if you can say there are any left in this mean world), pack heat, and always have a plan. Most of the places I go, are private owned land, of which I don't have too much to worry about. The public places (parks), generally have maintenance workers on site, and I get to know them pretty early on. It is easy to get "lost" in the hunt. Be careful.
    Kasey
    Last edited by KCFindIt; 03-08-2016 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Misspelling

Quote Originally Posted by Silky T View Post
    Being a newbie female--Hi everybody! I need to chat with another female to find out if she goes out alone or always takes a buddy. I have a lot of places I want to check but this day and time, I can see me out minding my own business, then naturally get distracted and some derelick comes along and swipes my detector and runs off. I paid $250 for it and I don't want to have to replace it because I didn't think.

Silky T
    There are quite a few ladies in the Houston area who detect. A very small Houston based forum, Coinshootingonline, posts from many area locals about locations to search, specific rules of areas and general detecting stuff.
    Robbie
    author of "Find More Silver Coinshooting Parks and Schools" by Robbie Morin
    contributor to- Camp Logan: Houston, Texas 1917-1919-by Louis Aulbach, Linda Gorski and Robbie Morin

Welcome from the Pacific Northwettest. When I had just started detecting again I was digging away in an old campground with both ears covered with headphones. I happened to look up and some bicycle ninja with an apparent black belt in Bike Kwon Do was not ten feet from me watching me. I opened my mouth to curse or scream but my mind couldn't decide which, so what came out was a noise like an infant spitting up formula his simple minded father mixed (don't ask why I know this). He turned out to be harmless and just wanted to know if I'd found anything. Finally able to form basic words, I said no, and he rode off down the trail, but I learned to keep one ear open and my head on a swivel when I'm detecting. So in summation, just be aware of your surroundings.
    Land of Two Seasons - Snow and Fire Danger.