Thread: A couple of bucket listers for me

A couple of bucket listers for me

Started out hunting in a local park yesterday and still trying to learn the CTX. A lot of trash in the park and trying to pick good. So I'm doing well, getting some clad when I get a signal right on the edge of the gravel path showing about 5'' down, dig it out and I have my second ever Indian head! A 1903! I was very pumped about that!
    So later in the day, I went over to a house that is a few doors down from me to hunt. He had given me permission to hunt there. Older house is all I know. Any way I get started on the curb strip and my second target turned out to be a 1883 Indian head! Two in one day! Awesome! Too bad it was bent a bit because it has great detail but oh well. Next I got some kind of thing that says Rhode Island on the front. Now I start working the front yard and there is a carpet of nails in it but I try anyway. Get a hit that says dig me so I did and dug up 4 wheats, a 49 Jefferson, and a 1930 buffalo nickel! My first buff! I ended up digging 4 more wheaties for 8 total. A 1910, 20, 27, 34, 40, 44D, 51D 53D. Also found an old clover harmonica, a skeleton key, and a token that commemorates the 15th annual excursion May 31 - June 5 1915. So it was a good day.
    Tonight I was out to the house behind me and the nails were even worse. Did end up with a civil war token from 1864. My first civil war relic. Still can't seem to find the silver. Has to be here! Thanks for reading

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

Congrats on the great finds!
    Vaq/F2/Compadre/Judge 2/F70-2015 finds a bunch of silver jewelry, several silver coins and 3 gold rings!

Quote Originally Posted by DIGGER27 View Post
    Congrats on the great finds!
    Thanks D27! That token is my first civil war relic

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

Big congrats on the bucket listers! Very exciting! Where's the pic of the buff?
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)

Elite Member
    That's bizarre as I found one yesterday myself. great find, we can start a collection. Nice job on the Indians as well. WD
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

your tearing it up!!

Congrats on knocking a couple off the ole bucket list.

Very nice finds!!!
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 4
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

Wow, awesome finds! Still waiting on my first buffalo and skeleton key. That CW token is sweet! Never saw one of those. Huge congrats!
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2023 Silver: 1 Gold: 0

Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America

Quote Originally Posted by Bucknut View Post
    Big congrats on the bucket listers! Very exciting! Where's the pic of the buff?
    Oops! It was late when I was posting! Here it is

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

WOW, you killed it! I'm still waiting for a CW token...That 1903 is very pretty! Congrats!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

What a hunt! I still haven't gotten a buffalo. Congratulations on some nice finds!
    Land of Two Seasons - Snow and Fire Danger.

I know the post is a couple of weeks old,, I'm playing catch up,,, congrats on some SWEET BUCKETLISTERS!!!!!!!
    Primary machine= Teknetics T2

2016 Totals
    Oldest Coin= 1920 Wheat Cent
    Silver Coins= 0
    Rings= 1

Quote Originally Posted by GA1dad View Post
    I know the post is a couple of weeks old,, I'm playing catch up,,, congrats on some SWEET BUCKETLISTERS!!!!!!!
    Thanks GA1. I've hunted hard for that coin. Had a 49 Jefferson in the hole along with some wheats as early as 1910. Just can't find silver in that yard

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk