Thread: Here's the last finds that I got in March

Here's the last finds that I got in March

On March 25th I went back to the park where I found my seated half earlier in the month. I had put my Detech 13" Ultimate on my detector, well it's seemed that I was getting EMI in this park wherever I went but it was the coil at fault. After wiggling the connecter on where it connects to the dectector I knew that I'd have to take the plug apart and do a fix on it cause one of the wires was definitely shorting somehow. Anyway during fooling around with this coil at the time I was able to get a target next to a big oak tree that read diggable and it ended up being an old dog license.

On the 27th after painstakingly fixing the short in the plug I decided to take the Ultimate 13" for a test run in an area around where they're revamping an old school, for starters the coil was working fantastic with no false signals, I could wiggle the cord with no problems. I think this coil is finally going to do what it's supposed to (I never could the depth with this coil that I get with my stock 10" D2 coil) and finally get some good depth because I was getting some deeper target signals that I never did before with it, that's why I only used it about a dozen times before this year. I managed to dig a Canadian one penny token at about 10 inches, there were several inches of lime and the rest was dirt. It is a ball diamond that they're going to tear out but it hasn't been fenced off yet. There's a lot of good history on this big plot of land that goes back to the middle 1800's where there was a big log cabin at one time. I've found many old finds here in the past and will probably find more.

Bank of Upper Canada

On the 29th I went back to the same park where I dug my seated half this year and didn't dig any really deep stuff but I did manage to conjure me up a nice gold ring. It was a good repeating signal with the same number in all directions (22 on the V3i) it sure seemed nice to find some gold this early in the season. . . . that metal is getting hard to find these days it seems. I don't think gold rings are nearly as popular these days around these parts.

I haven't been detecting except one time since cause I've been sick, I think I got food poisoning or some kind of really bad bug, had a super gut ache immediately after I ate a banana, then I couldn't even eat the rest of the day, and only ate a couple pieces of toast the next day. Yesterday I did find a wheat cent in my neighbors back yard cause I've been watching their dog while they've been in Wi. visiting over the weekend which ended up being till early this morning. I'm going today though cause I've been eating and feel pretty good and it's supposed to get in the Mid 40's with very little wind.

here's my latest youtube
    Last edited by giant056; 04-05-2016 at 09:51 AM.

Congrats on a great month and fantastic finds!

Wow, those are some great finds!

I love the 1914 dog tag and the 1850 Canada Bank Token!

And gold is always a welcome sight!

Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Great variety of finds there! Congrats!
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)

Very sweet March for you. A Canadian bank token is on my bucket list ..... on yours. That gold ring is great and did you notice that the pulltab has to let us know that its aluminum by writing it out.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Elite Member
    Wow that is a lot of unique finds there. The Dog license is old and unusual. Great finds WD
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

Those are some great finds! WTG on the Canadian 1 Penny!
    Minelab Manticore / SPECTRA V3i, Pro-Pointer II. Lesche Digger.
    Oldest Copper: 1694 William & Mary Halfpenny. Oldest Silver: 1663 1-Reale
    Cob.

My Album

Very nice finds, the dog tag and bank token are super finds!
    Minelab Equinox 600 & Whites Coinmaster, Garrett Propointer, Lesche Digger
    Oldest silver: 1853 Half-dime & 1876S Seated Quarter / Oldest coin: 1849 US Large Cent / 1854 Upper Canada One Penny Bank Token

Congrats on the old dog tag and gold band Larry
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album