Thread: Hello from Missouri

Hello from Missouri

Retired and have rediscovered metal detecting now that I have time. I upgraded my old Whites for a Treasure Master Pro and been having a great time. I used to go with my Dad back in the late 70's and early 80's he had a Whites 5000 Coinmaster that I still have. Looking forward to checking out some new areas as we travel a lot now since we have the time . My first find with the treasure master pro was a V- nickle then a 1896 Indian Head, all total the first day 23 coins and 1 musket ball. I had forgotten how much fun MD is.....Happy Hunting....

Welcome from Washington state. Pretty good finds for the first with a new machine! Glad you're back at it.
    Land of Two Seasons - Snow and Fire Danger.

Welcome to the forum , you know what they say Bob ??? people who get their hands dirty are generally happier and healthier .Best of luck with the TM Pro , hope to see what you find .

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Welcome from western MA. I lived in Missouri in the O'Fallon area for about year. Glad you rediscovered the hobby and looking forward to seeing your finds. (we love pictures)
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Welcome to the forum! We're glad you joined us, Bob!

I also had a Whites 5000/D back in the early 1980s and had a lot of fun with it. Boy, it could really wear your arm out though. That sucker was heavy!

Best of luck with your Treasure Master Pro. We are looking forward to seeing some of your finds.
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Hello BikerBob, and welcome from Wisconsin! Sounds like you have some prime hunting grounds! Hope to see some pics of those great finds of yours.
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2024: Silver 1, Gold 0
    Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: Late 1700's Chinese Cash Coin, 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest Relic find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America
    Quote: Treasures are like potato chips, you can never have just one!

Hey: Welcome bikerbob!
    I'm also retired and from Missouri, St. Peters area....
    Good luck & enjoy your Treasure Master Pro...
    *Missouri* E-trac Sunray X1* Oldest 1836 1/4 Real* Oldest Silver 1853 Half Dime * Nicest 1861 Seated Liberty* Gold Pocket Watch* 1904 Worlds Fair Ring*

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum and back to the hobby from SE Wisconsin. Also, congrats on your retirement and good luck.

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

Hi From a former Missourian now in NC

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbob24 View Post
    Retired and have rediscovered metal detecting now that I have time. I upgraded my old Whites for a Treasure Master Pro and been having a great time. I used to go with my Dad back in the late 70's and early 80's he had a Whites 5000 Coinmaster that I still have. Looking forward to checking out some new areas as we travel a lot now since we have the time . My first find with the treasure master pro was a V- nickle then a 1896 Indian Head, all total the first day 23 coins and 1 musket ball. I had forgotten how much fun MD is.....Happy Hunting....

I know how you feel about digging some older items. I was wondering where in Missouri you live? My younger brother and his girl friend are living in Rogersville just to the East of Springfield. They are looking for a fellow TH'er to join them for a day of TH'ing. Let me know if you are interested and I can share their info with you.
    Thanks
    Dave
    Dave
    'Digger-Dave'
    THing4CSA
    PS: Remember; Don't leave it in the ground!

Oldest US Copper coin: 1798 Large Cent
    Oldest US Silver Coin: 1835 Bust Half Dime
    Oldest US Gold Coin: 1854 One Dollar, Type I
    Oldest Coin: Dateless Roman copper about the size of a US Half Dollar
    Best Relic find: US Civil War Belt Buckles (2)

Welcome to the group and back to detecting! Congrats on the old coins and on retiring!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew