Thread: New guy here from western, Mass. Hilltown boy.

New guy here from western, Mass. Hilltown boy.

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum. I just met angel in Westfield and he recommended this site. I run an At pro,Garrett carrot,T handle digger as well as the Garrett hand digger. I'm always looking for new places to hunt and always searching for new hunting partners. My most notable finds are 1845,1852 large cents,1787 CT copper,1936 walker, and an 1876 seated quarter. I've also dug the 1908S Indian, she's rather crusy but still nice. If there is anyone in the Western mass Area, please let me know.

Welcome to the forum, Bob! We are glad you joined us! That 1908-S Indian Head Cent is a rare find for detectorists, congrats on that one. I'm still looking for my first Indian Head with a mint mark.

Best of luck with your detecting and we are looking forward to your participation on the forum!
    Lifetime totals:
    9 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 19 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Glad to see you decided to join us Bob. Welcome aboard! Those are notable finds indeed. The 1908-S Indian Head cent, even if crusty, is a great find! Congrats!

Feel free to explore the forum and ask questions if you have them. And don't be shy about posting your finds. I wish you much success in your hunts.

Hi Bob, I visit your neck of the woods every summer. What could be better than a July/August night at Tanglewood?...well maybe a dateable CT copper ...congrats on yours! I'm glad you found us! Welcome from the nutmeg state!
    Well...now that I googled Westfield I guess you're about 30 miles east of Lennox...welcome anyway
    Last edited by OxShoeDrew; 05-27-2016 at 05:20 PM.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Hello Bob, and welcome from Wisconsin! Sounds like you've already scored some great old coins, and look forward to seeing some photos and stories soon.
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2023 Silver: 1 Gold: 0

Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America

Welcome to the forum Bob , if you met Angel while detecting it was in a park ?? did he leave anything for you to find ? I would love to see the Connecticut copper some time , state coppers are some of my favorite coins . glad you joined us .

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum Bob from SE Wisconsin. Looks like you made some great finds. It's Good to have you with us.

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

Welcome from Washington state. Sounds like there's some good hunting in your area.
    Land of Two Seasons - Snow and Fire Danger.

Veteran Member leslie(nova scotia)'s Avatar
    Hiya from your neighbour to the northeast...Nova Scotia. Look forward to reading about your detecting adventures!
    From the land of the Bluenose.....life is a beach at least till the tide comes in and the Bud is all gone. Swish and dig at the drop of a dime!

Bob, welcome from western MA. I live in Westfield and have been detecting about 9 years now. I'm using the V3i. Your list of finds sounds great and like Del stated feel free to throw up a picture or two of them.

Shoot me a PM, would love to get in some detecting with you.

Al
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album