Thread: Ever have one of those days...

Ever have one of those days...

Hi everyone
    Ever have one of those stretches of time where it seems you are best to every potentially great site? Been getting frustrated as heck here lately because of that. In the last week I've been to 4 different 1800s farms, and today to an obscure site that once had been a rail depot dating back to around 1850 or so.
    Each and every one of those sites had few if any targets, but all had plugs that couldn't have been more than a couple days old at most. One site had holes left open, and the dirt was still wet-not more than a few hours old, and assuming it was dug at night. Love to hear about anyone else's experiences with an evil nemesis!
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2024: Silver 1, Gold 0
    Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: Late 1700's Chinese Cash Coin, 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest Relic find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America
    Quote: Treasures are like potato chips, you can never have just one!

I've hit sites that were recently detected , you get an idea how thorough some are and how inexperienced others can be . To be honest I like a good challenge and have a lot of patience , but I would say slumps are my nemesis and get them from time to time . My worst was going 7 months without a copper which can seem like a lifetime in colonial cellar hunting . Ask MangoAve about hitting sites just after someone , he detected a couple of mine just after me and one produced about a dozen coins and a GW button.
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Wow, sounds like you missed a bunch!
    In my case I'm a little confused as to what I'm up against. It's either a veteran with a really good machine who has been doing some extensive research, or a beginner with a beeper machine hitting everything available and digging every signal. I'm leaning towards the newbie due to the unfilled holes, and just dumb luck getting to the sites before me. But on the other hand I have heard from places I asked permissions that they had been done before. Also, where I was this morning was across the street from a sub station and had many crossing high voltage lines. The EMI was horrendous, and even the CTX was having fits. My X-terra would flake out and be useless with far less EMI, as I'm sure most any other machine would. So who knows, maybe I have more than 1 person hitting my area? Unless I see someone in action, I may never know.
    At least I have other options at the moment. One is a tearout in the older fringe of the city I'll work in the morning on the way back from work. The other is a park where it's been left as a nature area where I located a former site of a church and what I think was an inn, but not labeled on the 1878 map. Still looking for my first seated!
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2024: Silver 1, Gold 0
    Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: Late 1700's Chinese Cash Coin, 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest Relic find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America
    Quote: Treasures are like potato chips, you can never have just one!