Thread: soap opera swish

Veteran Member leslie(nova scotia)'s Avatar

soap opera swish

Some days are just going to be bad ones. Although I do at times take literary liberty this is how my day went without being overly melodramatic!
    Raining once again so I didn't bother calling Navy Davy. Did the domestics with the only casualty being a glass. Around 11am Marie came home and complained about the smell in the hallway...................oops my wet sneakers from yesterdays dig. Imagine if I put Odor Eaters in them and put them on I would take three steps and disappear. Sprayed them with an air freshener! Marie was out the door shortly there after to do some errands.
    Decided I would go for a swish to see how the Seahunter mk11 was working then remembered that my chest waders had a leak in the boot. Applied a generous amount of crazy glue to the affected area thinking that would seal the leak. Drove to a nearby lake, opened the trunk to get the shoulder length gloves out as the water is still a tad nippy. Not there . Remembered then that they were in Marie's or Navy Davy's trunk. Put on the chestwaders and waded in the drink finding 9 coins at $8.80 not too mention that my left boot was full almost to the knee with water. So much for my repair effort. Chest high I stepped into a hole in the bottom of the lake twisted my bad knee bent over and took in a few quarts of water inside my chestwaders. Cursed a tad . Should have kept my mouth shut as one of those flying ants flew in my mouth. Tasted rather good with my Mentos that I was chawing on. Dam flying things were everywhere getting into everything. Headed to shore as enough was enough. Saw a few fish in the water and caught one on the sand..................not sure what species it is. Seahunter MK11 worked great with no falsing...must have been the area in the Dominican that caused the problem.
    Keep the chestwaders on for the drive home. Made the mistake of taking them off in the kitchen....yup you got it..a minor flood. Where was my brain! Hung them up in the bathroom to dry. In retrospect I think I should have taken them off in the bathtub.

Dug up enough to buy a TV bingo card. Think I should join Marie's mother and the girls for the games the way my day went? Not in this life time. Sitting on the couch for the rest of the day....not tempting providence! Jays and Tigers!

From the land of the Bluenose.....life is a beach at least till the tide comes in and the Bud is all gone. Swish and dig at the drop of a dime!

Les,

Those 2 dollar coins you have seem to help boost the quotas. I've never had problems like that, but I still feel the pain. I think one day I forgot my pinpointer, the next day getting out I made sure I had the pinpointer, but that day I forgot the shovel holder. Can never win. And I can't blame it on old age.