To every thing there is a season...

I'm afraid that I have the unenviable job of announcing that del has resigned as administrator of this forum. I cannot stress enough how much Dan will be missed as a staff member here, as he was responsible for most of the day-to-day running of the forum. There is a lot of work involved in keeping the banner up to date, creating the monthly best finds polls, posting the winners, updating the awards threads, etc., and Dan did the bulk of that work.

I still consider myself a "newbie" to this forum compared to Dan, he had already been an administrator for a good while when I joined in February of 2011. To say that I have learned a lot from Dan is a vast understatement, and I suspect that most of the members here would say the same.

The good news is this Dan will still be a member of this forum and will continue to share his expertise, as well as his amazing finds. It would be difficult to name a more experienced and knowledgeable detectorist than Dan, and we are very fortunate to have him here.

Perhaps Dan will resume his role as administrator sometime down the road. As far as I'm concerned, the door will always be open.

We would like to thank Dan immensely for the incredible amount of work he has put into this forum, and we wish him all the best in his future endeavors.