Thread: Despite the heat

Despite the heat

We've gotten on top of a few nice finds this past week. We found a camp that had apparently been gone over with a fine tooth comb in the past bust still managed to pull some brass and lead out of the ground. My wife also made an awesome find on some (very) public land. Let me know if you like the video.
    https://youtu.be/EABWCuT58HM

Facebook: Zach Byrd Adventure Hour

I like the family affair aspect! I wish I could get anyone interested in my family. How did you crack your coils? I've yet to crack one Nice finds!!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    I like the family affair aspect! I wish I could get anyone interested in my family. How did you crack your coils? I've yet to crack one Nice finds!!
    It's not hard. Alec snapped his four days before we came out by you this spring. I don't know if you noticed but his coil was duct taped to his shaft.
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 4
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

It's always better when you can share your adventures with family
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 4
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    Thanks man.
    The coils are cracking due to the nature of the particular creek I've primarily been detecting here in Georgia. Not only is the water green year round making your coil vanish beyond the 2 foot range, but the creek bottom is treacherous with bed rock formations. I've never been in a creek like it. The coil, no matter how easy and slow you go, eventually hits the often times jagged bed rock edges. And that stuff doesn't flinch. Sprinkle in the inevitable falling-in-a-bedrock-crack and bye-bye coil.
    I know far the most part this isn't Garrett's fault, I just wished the coils were more rugged, I guess. Not to mention my first coil cracked before ever water hunting it...
    Oh well, good thing I love magnet fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Digger Don View Post
    It's always better when you can share your adventures with family
    Thanks man.
    As long as my kids have had a nap and we have snacks and drinks on hand, they're pretty much good to go.

Did I hear naps and snacks? count me in dad!

Quote Originally Posted by sonofdust View Post
    Did I hear naps and snacks? count me in dad!
    Haha