Thread: Fresh Water Detecting

Fresh Water Detecting

My plan is to have myself a water detector by the Spring of 2017. I want one now but spending that kind of cash is not an readily available option. So I will keep saving and by spring to "Spend or not to spend" will be an easier choice. In the mean time I will keep studying the water detecting ropes.

After watching a few videos of fresh water hunters , specifically those in small lakes and ponds that have no real current, I noticed a pattern. Most if not all the coins found were very shallow. Often the hunter would fan the muck away and the coin was visible.

Shallow coins. Is this typical of conditions in small lakes without currents? I suppose the absence of freezing and protection from the weather in general has a part to play.
    V3i and Eagle Spectrum.

Oldest Coin 1813 Large Cent
    Favorite Coin 1907 Barber Quarter

Our lake don't freeze but we have wind currents that buries stuff. Those little waves go all the way down to the sandy bottom. Like a sonic bath that you use to clean your jewery. Most rings are about 4" down and pretty much stay there. Peoples feet tromping in and out of the sand is what buries them deeper and kids digging sandcastles can bury stuff deeper. Coins are about the same. Water levels rise and fall and that too moves sand around even with out a current. My opinion.

I find most rings in water about chest deep. That's where most people begin to swim.
    Minelab CTX 3030
    Minelab Excalibur II
    Minelab GoFind 60
    Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II
    Garrett AT ProPointer
    Garrett Recovery Tool
    Stealth 720i Sand Scoop
    Vibra-Quatic 2 Pinpointer
    Land and Sea Pinpointer
    Lesche Digging Tool
    Lesche 40" Shovel
    Lesche Piranha Shovel
    2007 Jeep JK to get me to where the treasure is!

My Youtube Channel! American Digger in Europe:
    https://www.youtube.com/c/AmericanDiggerInEurope