Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 37 Silver Coins + Gold

37 Silver Coins + Gold

I met up with midas to again detect at the lake we worked this past weekend. The results were even better this time around. I found four gold rings - two 10k and two 14k - two silver and two junks rings, old wheat cents, one Indian Head cent, buffalo and wartime silver nickels, a vintage Mickey Mouse bangle, several religious pendants, and thirty seven silver coins.

The halves are dated 1918, 1941, and 1943.

The Standing Liberty and Barber quarters are dated 1910, 19??, and 19??.

The Washington quarters are dated 1932, 1935, 1942, 1944, and 1947.

The dimes are dated 1912, 1917, 1917, 1919, 1920, 1923, 1923, 1924, 1934, 1935, 1936, 1936, 1939, 1940, 1941, 1941, 1941-S,1942, 1942, 1942-S, 1943, 1943, 1946, 1946, 1947, and 1962-D.

The buffalo nickels are dated 19??-D, 1916, 1920, 1928, 1930, 1935, 1935, 1936, 1936-D, and 1937.

The wartime silver nickels are dated 1942-P, 1943-P, 1943-P, 1943-P, and 1944-P.

The school ring is from 1919. I love the signet rings.

This vintage Mickey Mouse bangle should be worth a bit.

Yet more religious pendants.

Silver and junk rings.

The wheat cents and the Indian Head cent.

The rest of the 'good' stuff.

Enjoy the weekend!

HH!

Re: 37 Silver Coins + Gold

wow nice finds
    wtg
    Be Safe And Happy Hunting All

Sarge

Until that place empties out, I don't believe we will see you on dry land ever again 37 That's probably the best day you ever had. Gold, Silver and some great other finds. Congrats on such a super day!! How did Midas do??

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    rofl Until that place empties out, I don't believe we will see you on dry land ever again lol 37 That's probably the best day you ever had. Gold, Silver and some great other finds. Congrats on such a super day!! How did Midas do??
    Shallow water detecting has been a nice change from detecting at the parks in the heat and humidity we have been having.

Midas did well. He did find a 1895 wedding band.

Veteran Member

You guys are unbelieveable!

Great hunt! Sure beats sweating it out on land, its like living in a green house 24/7 lately around here too!
    Minelab Equinox 600 & Whites Coinmaster, Garrett Propointer, Lesche Digger
    Oldest silver: 1853 Half-dime & 1876S Seated Quarter / Oldest coin: 1849 US Large Cent / 1854 Upper Canada One Penny Bank Token

Veteran Member

Nice hunt Angel , but what are you going to do when you are only finding 10 silvers a day on land And I like those buffs, most seem to have pretty clear dates.

The poor E-Trac is sobbing uncontrollably in a dusty corner somewhere, all rejected, while you are becoming one with the Excalibur.

Would love to see photos of those coins cleaned up. That is an incredible haul! Love the bracelet -- how much is it worth?

INSANE!!! Congrats on the huge haul .
    White's Spectra V3i "update", MXT, Prizm V, and Sun Ray Invader DX-1.
    Coils: stock 950 on MXT; 10" DD, Super 12, 950 Eclipse, and 4x6 DD Eclipse Shooter for the V3.

"The only person who never made a mistake never did anything!!"

WOW!!! The only problem is, by the time I figure the E-Trac out there will be nothing left in the state to hunt. Again WOW!!!!!
    Minelab E-Trac, Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Tesoro Cortes

Mental note....I GOTTA GET A WATER MACHINE! Amazing bunch of finds.

Holy moly you are rockin' in the water!!! I think I mentioned before it seems strange how soooo many religious pendants are found in shallow water? I take it you were hunting common swimming areas. I am so intrigued by this underwater hunting- never tried it out. I should hang out in this section more

So you use a scoop and snorkel/mask or is it too murky to even bother? How deep is the water in general- knee high, waist high and dive for a scoop? thousand questions...

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter View Post
    The poor E-Trac is sobbing uncontrollably in a dusty corner somewhere, all rejected, while you are becoming one with the Excalibur.

Would love to see photos of those coins cleaned up. That is an incredible haul! Love the bracelet -- how much is it worth?
    The E-Trac was due for a short vacation.

John looked up the bracelet in a collector's book he has, and there is a bracelet almost the same as the one I found, with values starting at $200. We are not yet sure if the same value would apply to mine.

Quote Originally Posted by tanacat View Post
    Holy moly you are rockin' in the water!!! I think I mentioned before it seems strange how soooo many religious pendants are found in shallow water? I take it you were hunting common swimming areas. I am so intrigued by this underwater hunting- never tried it out. I should hang out in this section more

So you use a scoop and snorkel/mask or is it too murky to even bother? How deep is the water in general- knee high, waist high and dive for a scoop? thousand questions...
    No, no snorkeling. I do use a long-handle stainless steel scoop and just dig for the targets while standing chest or shoulder deep.

AMAZING !!!

well now ,that is one huge haul of silver and goodies there Angel and those buffalo nickles are real beauties to look at , boy they hold up well in the muck . i gotta give water detecting a try one of these days as it would seem very relaxing and a great way to keep cool in the dog days of summer .hey congrats of a phenomial hunt.

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    well now ,that is one huge haul of silver and goodies there Angel and those buffalo nickles are real beauties to look at , boy they hold up well in the muck . i gotta give water detecting a try one of these days as it would seem very relaxing and a great way to keep cool in the dog days of summer .hey congrats of a phenomial hunt.

Dan
    It certainly was fun being in the water while having those 90+ temperature days. It is actually a relaxing way to spend some time detecting.

Thanks, Dan!

just plain wow, what state is that lake in
    If it wasn't for flashbacks, i would have no memory at all

That is totally impressive.....WOW...

Veteran Member

Awesome !! Fantastic Pic's and Finds !!!!
    V3i DFX 10 DD 6x10 DD 4x6 DD DX-1

Those are some great finds for sure! Congrats
    I can only please one person per day,,,today is not your day,,,tomorrow isn't looking good either.

2011 silver coins> 18,,,,13 IH,,,,2 V nickels,,,2 Shield nickels
    2010 silver coins >4,,,,the year that wasn't
    2009 silver coins> 77> 49 IHs> 15 V nickels>9 Buffs