Thread: Safari & Headphones

Safari & Headphones

Any opinions on a good set of headphones for the Safari?

I've been using a very low end pair and figure I should upgrade.

I've been using a pair of Gray Ghost Deep Woods headphones for about a year now and I am very happy with them. They seem to be very rugged and I feel that I can hear the subtle tones better with them.
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

After trying several inexpensive models I finally broke down last year and bought the Detector Pro Black Widow headphones. Best thing I did so far! Can be quite loud as they were designed for those with hearing issues, but they also have a voume limiter switch so you don't blow your ears off if you run you coil over a shallow chest of gold for example They are a bit bulky, but they are very comfortable with thick padding on the muffs. They also isolate outside noise better so you can hear your signals even in very noisy environments like alongside a busy road with trucks going by at 60 mph! (I can vouch for that) But at the same time you can still hear just enough to hear your buddy yell when he's made a find.
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2024: Silver 1, Gold 0
    Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: Late 1700's Chinese Cash Coin, 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest Relic find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America
    Quote: Treasures are like potato chips, you can never have just one!

Hey Brian, as you know, I walked in the woods for years without headphones, just listening to the cheesy sounds of my T2. Lately, I've been park hunting so I've been wearing headphones...now I'd never go back. I can't even stand low-end headphones now. My problem is I'm using recording studio headphones which are not rugged. So I'm glad you brought this up.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Candidate Member
    I don't claim to be an expert and not a lot of hours on my new machine, but the stock RPG PH100R Headphones that come with are a big help.
    Im sure just like anything the more you spend the more you get, the cheap ones seem to work fine.
    I can see where a set with at least volume controls would be needed, I may look at some wireless down the road.
    Dont think I would do much serious detecting without a pair.
    Bigdob

Thanks for the info guys, I'll check out some of those models.

Headphones. For many years I had pretty much used headphones that came with the detector, THEN, one day I bought a pair of "Grey Ghost", based on other guys use and comments, and of course the infro. of the add"s themselves. Well, I bought another pair for another detector. Night and day difference, between what is included with a detector buy, and what you can order otherwise. Not saying Gray Ghost is BETTER than any other brand, but I am really happy with them. It's nice when you call it right every so often.