Thread: Take out the trash day!

Take out the trash day!

So today I was out at an 1880 dairy farm for the second day. Holy trash! So many targets and nothing great sounding so I had to pick and choose what to dig. The best signal of the day blew an 86 on my AT Pro and I dug down 18 inches and couldn't find it. Best finds today were a small buckle, a small what looks to be an old snap with a star on it and a Ford Model T hub cap. I thought the V8 hub cap was a silver plate at 13 inches. So shiny and rang a 90. What a let down. Filled half a pail with garbage. Oh well, on to the next.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

That's the way it goes sometimes. I'm living on a farm from about the same era, maybe I couple decades older. Had high hopes but found the place virtually cleaned out of anything good. The only finds I got were when I cleared brush and was then able to swing a coil. That, plus one spectacular find that mimicked a piece of trash that would have been easily overlooked. The moral being is sometimes you have to dig it all and maybe get a big payoff, maybe nothing. But if you enjoy the hunt, it's all that really matters. Either way, you still got some good finds. Well done, and keep swinging!
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2023 Silver: 1 Gold: 0

Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America

I don't know... that Model T hub cap is way cool to me. If I found one, it would be the closest I would ever get to owning a Model T.

I believe you done good.
    V3i and Eagle Spectrum.

Oldest Coin 1813 Large Cent
    Favorite Coin 1907 Barber Quarter

Quote Originally Posted by Beartoe View Post
    I don't know... that Model T hub cap is way cool to me. If I found one, it would be the closest I would ever get to owning a Model T.

I believe you done good.
    I was thinking the same thing. You know what year that is from?
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Keep at it. The trash has to be removed to get the good stuff. That hubcap is a great find and please keep us up to date with your finds.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. You know what year that is from?
    Not sure on the year. Thr chrome hub cap in not from a Model T. Maybe a car from the 40s or 50s. The smaller cap to the right that says Ford is from the Model T.

Quote Originally Posted by aloldstuff View Post
    Keep at it. The trash has to be removed to get the good stuff. That hubcap is a great find and please keep us up to date with your finds.
    The problem is that there are so many targets that I would need to roto till the property to find them all. It is a nice property now so I will have to wait a while to hunt again as to not make look like a gopher field.