Thread: Three whatsits need an ID

Three whatsits need an ID

Finally I have something I can't ID. The fourth item was already IDed by the answer box.. I mean Dan, not Google. . It was a racer bearing for a Model T.

However, the other items. One is a small latch maybe 2-2.5" long. Two holes on each end. It was found on the old cart road leading to the driveway for the cellar. I have no clue what It'd be used for. The other side is identical, well, less the two tabs bent toward one side. No markings.
    Name:  Whatsit Lever.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  86.0 KB
    The second item is some sort of plate. Almost like a light switch plate, but the slot and the hole made like an escutcheon and 4 other holes is odd. Not as I am typing I am wondering if it could go to the dashboard of a model T. Found in the same field as the racer bearing.
    Name:  Whatsit Plate.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  106.5 KB
    The third Item is strange. The camera didn't pick it up, but it seemed like the oxidation, although random, is like lateral lines on each side. It has some copper content by the fact you can see the green color. It looks like one side had like a pin that would pivot around the center. It was in the middle of a field where I found the zippo and '39 quarter but it was also near an 1800 house.
    Name:  Whatsit plate pin.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  51.1 KBName:  Whatsit broke plate.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  60.0 KB
    Future goals: Capped bust coin, Flowing hair LC, Classic head LC, VT copper, MA copper, Pistareen, Two-cent pc, SLQ, GW inaugural button, Excelsior button, Civil war token, and a gold ring.

How big is the square piece (second picture)? the last one looks like a clip that is used to hold trim molding on a car.
    My wife does all the driving, I just hold the steering wheel!

Quote Originally Posted by fyrffytr1 View Post
    How big is the square piece (second picture)? the last one looks like a clip that is used to hold trim molding on a car.
    I would agree with fyrffytr1 that the last piece resembles an old body clip that retains the exterior car molding . Good eye !
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    I would agree with fyrffytr1 that the last piece resembles an old body clip that retains the exterior car molding . Good eye !
    I know that only because I am old and I like to restore old cars.

Thanks guys on that one.
    Fyr, the plate item is about 3.5" x 2.25" give or take. Those checkerboard squares are from the mac case. They are about 3/4" x 3/4" each. It's prob like those older wall plates (outlets and switches). The newer ones you see now are bigger.
    I know that only because I am old and I like to restore old cars.
    Future goals: Capped bust coin, Flowing hair LC, Classic head LC, VT copper, MA copper, Pistareen, Two-cent pc, SLQ, GW inaugural button, Excelsior button, Civil war token, and a gold ring.

I have nothing on the plate. I don't think it is electrical related because the split could be a safety hazard. I also looked at door latches but couldn't find anything like it. And the size would rule out a dash panel or instrument cluster face. I tried doing a Google image search but the background over powered the plate and similar cloth patterns were the only thing that came up.

I think I may have found the plate. It looks like part of a Model T coil. Here's one similar. The dimensions are very close. One site listed the coil as 6" x 3.5" x 2". Keep looking, the whole car may be out there!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by fyrffytr1; 10-07-2016 at 08:49 PM.

And, while I am thinking about it, the first piece may be part of the carburetor linkage.

the first item looks like it may be a piece of rear brake hardware for a older car or truck.
    Jeff
    I live my life one target at a time
    since '68

I think I may have found the plate. It looks like part of a Model T coil. Here's one similar. The dimensions are very close. One site listed the coil as 6" x 3.5" x 2". Keep looking, the whole car may be out there!!
    I'd say spot on there. The linkage was somewhere in the road. Thanks for the ID. I do believe the axel was out there too. Lol.