Thread: hard to get a "head" in this hobby

Veteran Member leslie(nova scotia)'s Avatar

hard to get a "head" in this hobby

Friday.....day off.....oh joy!
    With the mandatory stop at Rotten Ronny's for coffee and a breakfast sandwich, which I might add that Navy Davy won a free medium fries on the Monopoly game we were off down the highway. Drove to a not so local park that we do once a year. Air was crisp, grass was wet and the park ripe for the pickings. Nice to be swinging amongst the kaleidoscope of clours of the fall leaves. Very peaceful save for the hordes of Canadian Geese flying over head. They were loud and sounded like a group of ladies in the bargain basement of a department store. Mind you if certain people heard me say that I would be out of the dog house and into the outhouse in a flash!
    When all was said and done Navy Davy ended up with 36 coins swinging his Tecknetics while I 34 with the old reliable Freedom 3 Plus.

ND dropped me off home and I jumped in Nogo, did a few errands and continued my dig at a local park to complete quota. Of course within 5 coins of my goal the heavens opened up. Bagged the Freedom in a nice new clear Glad bag. Found a head , another dinkie and the missing quota coins while in the process this numb nuts got totally drenched in the down pore. Such is the fixation of quota.

Once home the call came............off to work on my day off.......oh joy!
    From the land of the Bluenose.....life is a beach at least till the tide comes in and the Bud is all gone. Swish and dig at the drop of a dime!

Nice haul Les! Looks like you're getting a-"head" of the game towards the next UK fund, congrats!
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2023 Silver: 1 Gold: 0

Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America