Thread: Hello everyone, concave stone here.

Question Hello everyone, concave stone here.

I bought a metal detector and ended up collecting rocks... But Sorry for the quality, my phone is ancient. I was wondering if this is an old chipped Fire starter or an oddity of nature? The area was home to Erie then Iroquois originally, I didn't read about them until after but this looked special when I first saw it. It feels like it was held in the hands a bit by the polish. Thanks and hello.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

looks similar to a broken native American "nutting" stone . welcome to the form by the way !

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Reminds me of a paint bowl for red ochre.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Thanks Guys. I'm going to take it to the historical society on the weekend to see if they can have someone check it out. There were rock piles in the area but am not sure if they were put there by farmers. Chunk of granite on top of a limestone bolder in one area near a trash pile. A stream is about 2 acres west.

Instead of making another thread, possible fossil.

It sticks to my tongue, found near a sandstone bolder and there is pitting on the surface.
    Opinions?

As far as the original post, I haven't gotten many answers but have read a lot since then. It's not known how far east Neutre camps went but after the Erie were driven out the history seems to disappear. Can't imagine there was no one because the ground is too fertile and there are way too many landmarks that would have been held in high regard. And from what I've read the Seneca stayed near the Genesee. Stuff like this is better than digging up a tarnished modern quarter, lived here most of my life and it never crossed my mind who was here before the settlers.

better quality