Thread: V3I analysis technique

V3I analysis technique

Most people don't use the sizing or polar plot ... but this is how I utilize the trigger forward. Under the analysis option the the expert menu, it gives you the option to change the analysis screen. I changed mine to spectagraph. Now why would I change the analysis screen to the same thing the search screen is? Under the analysis, there is an option to uncheck match search. If you uncheck it, it then gives you the option to change the ground filter hz, the sat, and the recovery delay so your analysis screen has different settings. The reason I do this in my coin and jewelry mode is so that if I am hunting a trashed up park and I get an iffy signal, or if I want a different opinion of whats under my coil, I can simply flip my switch forward. Sure, I could fumble around and go into a different search mode, but this is so much easier. And if, for say, I am hunting a park with trash and I come across a clean part, I can flip the trigger forward and hunt different. You can even set your search screen to consistency and your analysis screen to intensity.

This is how I run my coin and jewelry mode:

search
    recovery=42
    Hz= 10 high
    sat=16
    consistency

Analysis
    recovery=80
    Hz=5 high
    sat=16
    intensity

Just an idea I wanted to share ... happy hunting

Great Tip!!!

Here is my tip:

I do the best by not over analyzing targets. The slow swing that is required with this detector already hampers your success by cutting in to your time and coverage. My best advice is go slow and dig everything over 4 inches deep…don’t over analyze and don’t always trust your VDI’s on deep targets. I never use the Analysis feature but knock yourself out if you have the time. That being said...I would never use anything but White's Metal Detectors!

HH PP
    White's V3i & MX Sport TRX Pinpointer

That is true. Sometimes you can talk yourself out of digging a Target if you get aggravated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Candidate Member
    Only time I talk myself out of digging a target is when I am just plain tired out....
    White's... Eagle Spectrum, MXT, V3i.

Even the worst day detecting is better than the best day working.

Quote Originally Posted by johnedoe View Post
    Only time I talk myself out of digging a target is when I am just plain tired out....
    I hear that ... I usually dig every signal, then switch to a discrimination mode when I get aggravated

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk