Thread: Hope I can get an answer to this

Candidate Member

Hope I can get an answer to this

I have asked this question on two other forum sites and get absolutely no responses to my question

Do not know if i am asking my question rite or what but I will try here I own an X-Terra 705 I have three coils for the 705 the 5x10 hf coil the 6 inch hf coil and the 9 inch mf coil and an AT pro with the stock coil.

my question is this is there a coil that I could purchase for the 705 that would get me increased depth

I am mainly searching for gold nuggets on my property I feel there is gold here but to deep for me to detect it with the coils I have.

or should I be looking at a different detector all together like the Nokta FORS gold pro package or others

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

I own the 705 as well. I have been impressed with the sensitivity of the Minelab coils, but the depth haven't been to my expectations. I think what you need would be the NEL all frequency coil. The trade off in frequencies is the higher the frequency, the lower the depth. But using the 15 inch Storm coil has worked awesome for me. Here's the link to their site: http://nelcoil.com/index.php?route=p...ry&path=62_103

The big coil even at high frequency is pretty impressive and I think would be ideal for your type of detecting with the 705. The next step would be to go to a PI detector made for gold prospecting such as the Minelab GPX or GPZ detectors.
    Last edited by Digger_O'Dell; 01-15-2017 at 08:50 PM.
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2023 Silver: 1 Gold: 0

Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America

Candidate Member
    thanks Digger_O'dell just went to the link you shared do they run all three frequencies at the same time and if so ho does that work

It only runs one frequency at a time, but the coils can run any of the 3 the machine uses instead of needing 3 separate coils. All you have to do is turn the power off and back on within a few seconds and it will toggle to the next frequency.
    The 15 inch coil I've seen hit a quarter size target at around 24 inches using 3Khz. Probably be closer to 12 to 15 inches max at the 18.75Khz setting. Not shabby as even most PI machines won't do better with the same size coil until you get into the big dollar equipment.
    Equipment:

Candidate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Digger_O'Dell View Post
    It only runs one frequency at a time, but the coils can run any of the 3 the machine uses instead of needing 3 separate coils. All you have to do is turn the power off and back on within a few seconds and it will toggle to the next frequency.
    The 15 inch coil I've seen hit a quarter size target at around 24 inches using 3Khz. Probably be closer to 12 to 15 inches max at the 18.75Khz setting. Not shabby as even most PI machines won't do better with the same size coil until you get into the big dollar equipment.
    Thanks I sure appreciate the help as I stated before I asked this same question on two other forums and never did get a response on it was about to give up in searching the forums when I came across this one and decided to give it one more shot guess it just takes the rite one

Not a problem! I've been doing the research about finding gold lately myself as I'm looking into building my own PI machine. Mostly just gold jewelry on the beaches and parks around my area, but hoping to try for the nuggets too eventually. Might even be a good nitch machine for extra deep coins, or to sniff out old tiny gold coins.
    Equipment:

oldkoot , there are specific gold machines out there that will find the tiniest grains of gold and at very good depth too .
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Oldkoot, Just read your post in regards to your 705 and coils. I remembered reading a post just about that, the 3 frequency coil put out for the X-terra, and you MAY wish to avoid it. The post is on "Finds's Treasure Forum for X-Terra Series", It is the 3rd post from top, regarding the coil. I think I would agree with "Del". At least look into it. sprailroad

I am not familiar with the 705 but I know a little about gold detectors. Coin machines are not the best at finding small-to-tiny gold. PI machines are the most effective but pretty pricey. There are vlf gold machines that might be best for you at a mid-price ($600-800). Among those are the White's GMT, Fisher Gold Bug 2. They have frequencies that range from 48 khz to 60 kzh. Most gold is very small and high frequencies are best for that plus they will also find bigger nuggets.