Thread: Rev war button, early shoe buckle,

Threaded View

Rev war button, early shoe buckle,

Been lazy once again on this forum. But, I'm back now. Got out this weekend with my buddy Jarrod to hit a few sites I knew where going to be quite old. First site looked more like a pit than a cellar hole, Barely any rocks in it but the iron around the lip confirmed to us that it was a homesite. Not many targets at all there but scored a cuff link right of the bat. Not far away from the cuff link I dug my first ever rev war button. This button is a British Royal Provincial Button worn by loyalist troops! Very very happy with that find. I decided to swing the dirtbike path that led away from the site and got a nice solid midtone and popped out my oldest shoe buckle to date. This had an anchor chape but it broke off right away and I was unable to find the top piece of it. Luckily I got a photo of it before it broke. We hit two more sites after that spot but I skunked out for the rest of the day. Jarrod managed anpewter button and a nice colonial thimble. Not a ton of finds but very happy with what I got. It's good to be back! Happy hunting!
    Attached Images Attached Images          
    Oldest coin(s): 1600's Spanish copper maravedis Oldest American Coin: 1797 Large Cent. Oldest silver: 178? Spanish 1/2 Reale
    Best Relic(s): Pre Civil War US Revenue Service Button, GW Button, Best Find(s): 1790 King George III Gold Guinea/ "Long Live the King" Button