Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rev war button, early shoe buckle,

I have your same pic saved on my phone, Jim. And Dan, you got a nice resource there with that PDF link. It does look like a hybrid which might make it closer to the switch over to the Georgian style. You didn't think this almost looked like a hybrid between 621 and 661? Cuz the curvature of the frame...
    Future goals: Capped bust coin, Flowing hair LC, Classic head LC, VT copper, MA copper, Pistareen, Two-cent pc, SLQ, GW inaugural button, Excelsior button, Civil war token, and a gold ring.

Quote Originally Posted by MangoAve View Post
    I have your same pic saved on my phone, Jim. And Dan, you got a nice resource there with that PDF link. It does look like a hybrid which might make it closer to the switch over to the Georgian style. You didn't think this almost looked like a hybrid between 621 and 661? Cuz the curvature of the frame...
    Jim that's the million dollar question and shoe and knee buckle construction design was rapidly evolving from about 1680 to 1720 and many different configurations were being made in England , France and Dutch countries and then of course the lag of time before they made their way here to the American colonies and manufacturers here.
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    Jim that's the million dollar question and shoe and knee buckle construction design was rapidly evolving from about 1680 to 1720 and many different configurations were being made in England , France and Dutch countries and then of course the lag of time before they made their way here to the American colonies and manufacturers here.
    That goes along with the Dandy fad. I read that it was almost a decade later when it reached the US. I had no idea the details on buckles like this. Bet you feel like Howard now with that tidbit of knowledge.
    Future goals: Capped bust coin, Flowing hair LC, Classic head LC, VT copper, MA copper, Pistareen, Two-cent pc, SLQ, GW inaugural button, Excelsior button, Civil war token, and a gold ring.

Great button. A much tougher find in the U.S. than Canada and I would certainly hunt that spot hard. Buckle fits the time frame.