Thread: Bottle dump finds and a question!

Bottle dump finds and a question!

I am not sure if this is the place for this. I was detecting today at an old fishing camp that has grown over and the only thing to see is the bottle dumps. 3 piles with thousands of bottles and jars. The only problem is, nothing is all that old. Mostly 50s and 60s. Some are pretty cool but anything older is broke. Detecting wise, I didn't find much. 4 memorial pennies from the 70s and 2 clad quarters. I know there is good stuff to be found but did I mention the 100s of buried cans?
    I did find these.
    1955 10 oz Coke bottles

An older Mickeys Wide mouth

And here is the question. Does anyone know what this is from? Twist top w/ a flying eagleand "1776" on the top and "United States Bicentennial" written toward the bottom. This is really the only reason I took it.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

I believe that was Smuckers Jam, 1976
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2024: Silver 1, Gold 0
    Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: Late 1700's Chinese Cash Coin, 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest Relic find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America
    Quote: Treasures are like potato chips, you can never have just one!

Interesting, I have that exact same green barrel bottle stashed away in a box. I found mine just off the road in a wooded area near my friend's parent's business... back maybe 20 yr ago tho.
    Future goals: Capped bust coin, Flowing hair LC, Classic head LC, VT copper, MA copper, Pistareen, Two-cent pc, SLQ, GW inaugural button, Excelsior button, Civil war token, and a gold ring.

The jar is definitely a 1976 bicentennial edition , I would agree with Chris . A smuckers or planters peanut or the like
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Thanks for the replies! I still can't find a pic online of this jar. Plenty of Smuckers bicentennial jars but not this design.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk