Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone out there.....lol

Anyone out there.....lol

Hello, I am new to metal detecting but I am ready as well. I invested over the winter on equipment and watched just about every video in English on youtube. I am from buffalo NY wondering if there is anyone out there near me looking to go hunt ? I have a 705 x-terra w coiltek 6 inch digger coil and pro find 25 pinpointer and lesche .

Welcome to the forum!

It sounds like you have all the equipment you need. I hope you are able to find some good detecting spots.

Best of luck! Be sure to keep us updated on your progress.
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Thanks I will !!

You must still have a ton of snow on the ground out there Joe ! Welcome to the forum , we have some members east of you . I hope it isn't too long before all the white stuff melts and your able to get some swing time .

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

I was digging my side yard yesterday to start getting familiar with my machine. But today is a little snowy. Its a unusually lite winter here this year. I found a quarter two pennies all modern and a plated erring. The rest was all cans and tops.

Any ideas were to go detecting in my area or were to look any info would be greatly appreciated.

I'm heading that way this weekend to visit my wife's family. Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the forum from New Jersey!
    -------------------
    Oldest coin: Roman Silver Denarius (Titus) 79-81 AD / Oldest US coin: 1786-1788 NJ Copper (x4)
    Best relics: Medieval lead seal matrix (1200s) / 1789 George Washington Inaugural Button (x2)
    Deus II / Equinox 900 - Personal website: www.Detectorist.com

Good luck with your new machine and I look forward to your posts!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Thanks everyone , I look forward to finding this to post about !!

Welcome from western MA. Seeing that you are from Buffalo I had to snicker when I read "over the winter".
    Looking forward to your future finds.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Thanks, were having a awesome winter here actually i think we only got like 15- 20 inches compared to the normal 100 inches of snow this year. Weired because the lakes didnt freeze over. Usally that causes more.

Wierd rather....cellphones

Weird...ha

Welcome from Wisconsin and happy hunting!

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

Thanks, you guys are so welcoming.

Do you guys think the x-terra 705 will do good for a first machine? I was going to get the AT pro but the x terra 705 seems a bit better for me seeing how i dont plan on submerging my machine.

I don't think you will be disappointed in the performance of the 705. Both have pro's and con's its all about learning the machine to get the most out of it. I use minelabs for years and love them but I also have an at-pro so I don't think you could have gone wrong with either (my opinion).

I bought a go find 60 too but my oldest son likes it so much i got the 705 , so i can have a little buddy. I was also thinking if i ask someone for a permission they could join if they wanted. Its pretty easy to use. Coming from the guy who has just tackled his side yard and thats it...lol

Today me and the boys went down to the creek nearby Ellicott creek to be specific and i found what seems to be old bottle cap. is there a web site to date such things. It says trade mark and then in big letters it says green river.