Thread: TDI sl mod

TDI sl mod

Name:  20170218_213517.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  83.1 KB The TDI sl machine Whites came out with was never offered a "real" handle like the original TDI and PRO models. Instead Whites used an "S" handle a cheaper handle that is lighter but less ergonomically correct for the wrist and caused much discomfort and fatigue after prolong usage . The problem is with the original "S" handle the coil weight is now placed on the top of the wrist , and after time this weight forces the wrist to turn down toward the ground .With the new mod the upright "joystick" is a lot larger and more padded to accept the hand and because the coil is now pulling more on the elbow and shoulder together thus keeping the wrist more neutral.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Ok, Got the mod question answered. Probably something I could try in the future. But so far I haven't noticed any discomfort. Could be that the machine is so light as it is, and I'm used to swinging the CTX with the 17 inch coil for 8 hours non stop.
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2023 Silver: 1 Gold: 0

Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America

Chris my DFX with the big 10x12 coil is a heavy machine to swing but I feel it more in my whole arm and shoulder after an all day outing . This light TDI sl I would use the larger 8.5 x 11 inch razorback coil so it was a bit "nose heavy" and it would bother just my wrist after an all day swinging it . It maybe had more to do with I was digging a lot of targets for the museum so I rarely secured my arm into the arm cup and when I was swinging in the water at the swamp or at the beach there was a lot more pressure on the wrist . This new mod has a more natural and comforting feel to it .
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

That is a really nice modification Dan. If I ever use a pulse machine again it will be a TDI-SL and it will need that modification. I can't stand the "S" handles. It doesn't feel natural to me after all these years of digging.
    XP Deus