Thread: Got some more displays with the down time from swinging.

Got some more displays with the down time from swinging.

With the snow that finally broke the streak of detecting, there was some down time. Since I didn't wanna sit around I got some displays going. I had the 'coin' display and the buckle display before, but I changed them very slightly with the addition of the other displays. I did pull that recent buckle that needed to make it's way into the watch case. Now I have six, and have to figure out what I want to do with a more military display going. Since the displays I got, I also purchased partitioning trays, I couldn't quite fit in some of the 'prize' military items like the Excelsior plate and the but plate. The CW bullets would fit in one of these, but I'd much rather keep similar items together. Oh, we also had a display showing at the club meeting while I had three of them. I was lucky to have them set up to bring in. But The other four I got after. The pine colored ones were only ~$20. I might get one, but need a specific foam insert, non partitioned, for the military items. Whelp, here are the latest displays.

Name:  Buckles Display..jpg
Views: 425
Size:  63.4 KBName:  Button Display.jpg
Views: 504
Size:  69.5 KBName:  Coin display.jpg
Views: 417
Size:  64.2 KBName:  LC display.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  52.8 KBName:  Tags and Medals.jpg
Views: 622
Size:  54.4 KBName:  Buckles display.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  52.1 KB
    * Oops. Forgot #6 with the suspender/sash buckles.

And the odd thing I was thinking: there were no CW war battles fought in CT. There were, however, several RW battles (and Indian battles), but I haven't found something specifically attributed to the RW, yet I have a .52 sharps, a .69 carbine three ring, the bit boss, and borderline the pic frame.
    Last edited by MangoAve; 02-20-2017 at 02:34 PM.
    Future goals: Capped bust coin, Flowing hair LC, Classic head LC, VT copper, MA copper, Pistareen, Two-cent pc, SLQ, GW inaugural button, Excelsior button, Civil war token, and a gold ring.

Nice job, Jim!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Well done Jim. Have you ever thought about maybe labeling the items? I know that when I have guests over and they are viewing my finds there is always the question...."what's that".
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album