Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: muddy mike from Wisconsin saying Hello

muddy mike from Wisconsin saying Hello

Just retired and ready to hit it. Just started 3 years ago when i could find the time and made some nice finds off my own farm, Indians V-nickles,Civil War token, large cent and even a 1786 2 reals plus many relics. good luck to everyone this year
    Last edited by Muddy Mike; 03-09-2017 at 01:41 AM.

Hello Mike, welcome to the forum! Glad you could drop by. The mention of the Reale was a dead giveaway! Still can't get over it that one was found here, thought my 1841 LC was an amazingly old find for this region. Hope to see some photos and read some about your finds.
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2024: Silver 1, Gold 0
    Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: Late 1700's Chinese Cash Coin, 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest Relic find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America
    Quote: Treasures are like potato chips, you can never have just one!

Welcome from Illinois!

We're glad you joined us! I bet that 1786 Two Reales put a big smile on your face! A find like that would probably give me a heart attack, ha ha! Spanish silver is rare here in the midwest but it can be found.

Best of luck, and we are looking forward to your participation on the forum!
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Welcome to the forum from Northern Illinois. We have several great detectorists up your neck of the woods.
    Looking forward to seeing some photos of your finds!
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 5
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1, barber qtr 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

Thanks Digger O-Dell for the info on this site, As soon as i figure out how to post pics, I will, I was a construction foreman for 38 years and can build just about anything, running massive projects, and even built my own dream house doing most of the work myself but this darn computer stuff has me stumped most of the time. will have to call my son to show me Also thanks Tony and Digger Don just subbed to your channels WOW you guys got it goin on well done.
    Last edited by Muddy Mike; 03-09-2017 at 11:31 AM.

Hello and welcome to the forum Muddy Mike , congrats on the old two real sir !

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

OMG del awesome collection

Welcome to the forum Mike. Lots of good people and good advice here. We love seeing pictures so you gotta figure that out! Best wishes and HH, Dave.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Welcome from New Jersey!
    -------------------
    Oldest coin: Roman Silver Denarius (Titus) 79-81 AD / Oldest US coin: 1786-1788 NJ Copper (x4)
    Best relics: Medieval lead seal matrix (1200s) / 1789 George Washington Inaugural Button (x2)
    Deus II / Equinox 900 - Personal website: www.Detectorist.com

Welcome to the forum Muddy Mike. Congrats on retiring!
    Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Waterproof Pinpointer, CTX3030 with 6,11,17" coils.

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum Mike. It is always nice to welcome a fellow Wisconsinite. What county are you in? Congrats on the retirement and good luck with the new season. Jeff

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

Thanks to all for the welcome, Fire fighter 43 , Racine county Burlington area also have hunting land in Waupaca and have do some detecting up there as well with some nice finds when I'm not sitting in a tree waiting on a big buck. Where do you hang your hat Fire?

Elite Member
    Welcome Mike from Wisconsin, my Son hunts near Waupaca (Ogdensburg) to be exact, hope you leave him a big one. Hunted the Fairgrounds in Waupaca once, never did get back. Hunted Burlington as well but I think I left most of the good finds at both places. Wisconsin Digger
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

Wisconsin digger thanks for the welcome, my great grandmother was from Weyauwega will be trying the homestead this spring when I go up turkey hunting, and my property is by Symco so just east of your sons spot, lots of deer left.

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Mike View Post
    Where do you hang your hat Fire?
    im in Southern Washington County and do 90% of my detecting in Washington, Dodge and Waukesha Counties. It's getting harder to find quality spots so I'm starting to expand my area a little. I'm retiring this month so it will give me a little more time to explore new areas.

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

I used to live in Burlington and Waterford, and still hunt the area sometimes. Not much left in public areas though there is a lot of history in the area. Used to be a military road through the area in the early 1800s through Union Grove, Rochester, etc. Might try to get a cow pasture permission where the town of Voree once stood next to Burlington. Tough area since the owners of Hounds Hobby pound the area mercilessly.
    Equipment:

Oldest/best coins: Late 1700's Chinese Cash Coin, 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime

Might catch you out that way sometime, feel free to contact me if you want more info about the area. I've got a few old maps, etc I would be happy to share.
    Equipment:

Thanks Digger O did you get to see the reale yet on the other post not sure if i should try to clean it or leave it since I don't trust myself,

Sorry for the late reply but welcome from western MA. Like your forum name and looking forward to seeing your finds.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Hiya Mike! Glad you found us! Good luck getting a picture of that real up!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew