Thread: AMAZING Finds Today! Silver, Gold, and an 1813 Token!

Threaded View

AMAZING Finds Today! Silver, Gold, and an 1813 Token!

Hi Diggers,
    I made some great finds today. Did some door knocking in my favorite town and hit one yard that had SO MANY Wheat Cents I had to start passing them up because I was getting exhausted from all the digging! I ended the day with 8 silver coins, an Indian head cent, a buffalo nickel and other assorted goodies. BUT, my find of the day was an 1813 Company Store Token that came all the way from Wales, England! I found it at a house built in 1880. It was so big and heavy I thought it was one of those cartwheel pennies I've seen on YouTube.

Apparently there was such a shortage of coins in England during the Napoleonic Wars that some companies had to start minting their own coins just to pay their employees. Even though they were only supposed to be used at the company store the coins still found their way into general circulation.

Another good find I had was a 1936 10K class ring! It rang up as a solid 12-09 on my E-trac. I flipped the plug and there it was just staring at me. I knew immediately it was gold. Here is some pics. Thanks for looking and HH, Dave.
    Attached Images Attached Images                 
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger