Thread: Old Silver Old Copper New Deus!

Old Silver Old Copper New Deus!

Friday gave us a break in the cold and rainy weather with temperatures in the 60’s but extremely windy. We went out to a couple of fields that have given up some amazing things to us this season and hopefully had a bit more to give. The first field seemed to be in a parsimonious mood as not much was found, I found three horseshoes and some odd bits of copper and Doug and Diane were not doing any better until Doug spotted a 1828 Large Cent on top of the ground! It is always amazing to find such items that way. We moved to a nearby site that also been very good to us and I was hoping my Deus would help pull another keeper from here. This as the other field is contains much iron and has been covered by us back and forth and criss and cross trying to scare up a good repeatable signal. The reason I got my Deus was to see if it with its amazing recovery time could find a target in the iron. I was amply rewarded today. I dug a couple of copper bits and I got a signal registering 61 bounce to 65 as I turned on the angle…not the greatest signal but good enough to make one want to see what it was. I was amazed when at about 4 inches deep and a bit on edge I saw a tiny round edge! I retrieved it not sure if it was a coin or a washer or what. When I got it in the light I could see the rim and I knew I had a coin…it was so black I at first could not tell if it was silver but observing it closer I could tell it was so! I called Doug over and he was excited too, I knew from the size it would be a half dime and after I sprayed it with some water and tapped at it a bit I could see the image appear…a Capped Bust Half Dime! I could tell it would have good detail and a date…only my second Capped Bust coin ever! The 1832 Capped Bust Half Dime has a mintage of only 965,000 and is the second lowest mintage in the series. About 10 minutes later I got a decent 81-83 signal and out came a very nice 1833 Large Cent! I am just starting to learn the Deus but I have high hopes that it will make some of our other permissions come back to life. I was using a program given to me by Todd CtTodd Yerks and with his help and tips I think I am going to like this machine!

Warning Much Wind Noise In the Video
    <span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Arial; font-size: medium;">https://youtu.be/thQNNw5OK-E
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    Psalms 24:1 ¶ The earth is the LORD'S, and all it contains...But God shares with us who search!
    Member Dayton Diggers CTX 3030- Minelab E-Trac

click here to view my finds album

Dam nice finds bud. Wonder how my E Trac measures up to the Deus.

Beautiful silver! Sounds like a good hunt all around, we'll done!
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2024: Silver 1, Gold 0
    Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: Late 1700's Chinese Cash Coin, 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest Relic find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America
    Quote: Treasures are like potato chips, you can never have just one!

What a beautiful old silver coin Tony! Congrats. I've seen one dug, but still waiting for one myself.
    Vermont relic hunting, one swing at a time.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG2...OLib30A/videos

Great finds!!

Nice finds, Tony. You'll get that Deus down quick. I don't think you ever need to "relearn" whenever you get a different machine. I wonder how exactly they mangled that 1833 trying to put a hole into it. I def saw the capped bust half dime on the bookface, but with how many things go in my newsfeed (and often they are doubled, and not because the person posting in two or more groups), I just didn't focus on who dug it. It's in great shape.

Nice looking half dime Tony! Congrats. I like the copper too. Good to see you warming up to the Deus. It is great in the iron patches.
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

Nothing like Capped Bust silver!

Congrats on the incredible finds with your new XP Deus, Tony! I hope it continues to produce amazing results for you. My only Capped Bust find is also an 1832 Half Dime, but your is in much better shape than mine.

I can't wait to see what else you find with your new machine!

Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Those are some great finds! A half dime man that's sick ! btw shhhhhhhh about the deus and how well it does in the iron ,look what happened to me all my buddys now own them and I have to set them up for them so now we are all on the same playing field .I did have the advantage but I talked to much lol. Amazing finds and keep learning your machine your ki8lli8ng it already . Todd is a good guy ive talked to him a few times but cant understand real good he uses some kind of weird English lol (NORTHERN VARIETY) THAT IS AMAZING COIN YOU GOT THERE !
    Best finds GW Button and John Adams Cufflink.
    Trust in the Lord...

Congrats on Capped Bust silver!!
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)

Wow ain't she pretty , Great half dime Tony !
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Great finds! Congrats on the Half Dime!
    XP Deus

Wow Tony! That's some coin! I wish you continued success with your Deus!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Very nice digs!
    -------------------
    Oldest coin: Roman Silver Denarius (Titus) 79-81 AD / Oldest US coin: 1786-1788 NJ Copper (x4)
    Best relics: Medieval lead seal matrix (1200s) / 1789 George Washington Inaugural Button (x2)
    Deus II / Equinox 900 - Personal website: www.Detectorist.com