Thread: costly outing

Veteran Member leslie(nova scotia)'s Avatar

costly outing

Yesterday I met up with Navy Davy at the annual Novapex (yearly Nova Scotia Stamp Club show.) ND and I were in heaven with about a dozen dealers selling their wares. Wasn't long before my wallet was emptied precipitating a trip to the nearest ATM which, after a sizable withdrawal left me financially insolvent. It was worth it! Lord only knows how deep ND dug buying revenues!

My main purchases involved a few blank spots in the UK collection.

Enough was enough and I left ND and the show with enough money to buy a cup of Tim's.........but no donut!
    Had the Freedom 3 Plus in the trunk along with my backup Pro and headed to a playing field to recoup at least a fractional amount of the cash I had just laid down at the show where ND remained. Could call this a righteous dig.
    On the way to the field I think I passed John Belushi's abode......"Animal House."

Anyway the dig was afoot with quota plus a couple retrieved. Home changed ,packed my lunch and off to work. One more shift before heading to the Dominican Rep.....Digfiest 2017!
    From the land of the Bluenose.....life is a beach at least till the tide comes in and the Bud is all gone. Swish and dig at the drop of a dime!

Elite Member
    Great hunt to solve your insolvency. Always nice to fill some holes in a collection. WD
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

costly outing

Ah, stamp collecting. Believe it or not, my father owned the 4 set of inverted Jenny stamps, he also owned the upside down zeppelin stamps. He sold them for our year long trip to the U.K. when I was a kid. I believe he sold them for around 250,000 but I'm not sure about how much they would be now, only god knows where they are at the now. My buddy told me about how famous they were but I never got into it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar
    Congrats on a a nice hunt.

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber