This coin wasn't on my bucket list because I didn't know it even existed until I looked it up!
Last year I had gotten permission at a fairly old house in town, don't know how old but the owner told me stories he'd heard about horse drawn sleighs coming to the house in winter, but when I went to hunt there all I can find are memorial cents about 3'' down. I figured that it had been detected before but I gave it a couple hours anyway. Found about a dozen lincolns.
Fast forward to this year, I've been able to get out every month so until march when I had a total knee replacement. That slowed me down for about 4 weeks. Then one day I drove by the house and decided I needed to check it out some more. So I had some time on Sunday to get out and it was more of the same. More lincolns. About an hour in I get a nice coin signal and pop out a plug and find a little nail. I thought that no way was that signal from that tiny coin so got back in the hole and found a coin. I picked it up and thought I'd finally found a quarter until I started rubbing it and saw a green color. WTH! I rubbed it a bit and could see a left facing bust. That's when the words draped bust popped into my mind but I thought large cents were bigger. After some cleaning on the back I could see "half cent" on the back

An 1804 draped bust half cent! Full terminology would be an 1804 draped bust half cent crosslet 4 with stems!
I was floating for 3 days after this coin. I'll do a full write up about this house when I'm done with it. Sorry about the long post but I'm still pumped about finding it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk