Thread: Tell me if I am right

Tell me if I am right

I found this a while back, and at first I thought it was the eraser end of a pencil, so I threw it in the junk pile, but after looking at it again.....I think it may be a tag from a tagged bird's leg.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20170525_20_58_16_Pro[1].jpg 
Views:	294 
Size:	23.1 KB 
ID:	59286Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20170525_20_58_53_Pro[1].jpg 
Views:	327 
Size:	29.4 KB 
ID:	59287

looks like a numbered bird band , some of these can be deciphered and found just what type of bird it was associated with .
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

I found one identical to yours a couple of years ago. It was from a Homing Pigeon. I believe it was dated 1939 and flew from Arkansas to Virginia.
    XP Deus

Yeah, Def a bird tag. I've found a few of them. Most were the aluminum like you have, but one was a green band. One of the aluminum ones was for something similar to what Donnie had, but I don't recollect the specifics. It had some game (wildlife) place mentioned and the town. After seeing the first few aluminum ones not worth anything, I didn't bother looking at the rest. I did check the green one I found, but it too wasn't worth reporting. But there was someone on the bookface that got some $ and recognition for one he got.
    Future goals: Capped bust coin, Flowing hair LC, Classic head LC, VT copper, MA copper, Pistareen, Two-cent pc, SLQ, GW inaugural button, Excelsior button, Civil war token, and a gold ring.