Thread: 0.5 gram nugget found yesterday in NH.

0.5 gram nugget found yesterday in NH.

Got out yesterday for some gold panning and metal detecting with the XP Deus with the new 9" HF coil. Please believe me when I tell you that this thing picks up the tiniest specks of gold.

I was running in 58.8kHz and was finding specks of gold so small, I could barely see them.

This nugget right here weighs in at half a gram and it damn near blew my headphones off. It was a good day...

Beautiful little nuggie! I've been wanting to try my luck in my area even though our geological survey says even tiny nuggets are quite rare though we do have flour gold as placer deposits from the glaciers. But I've seen photos of a few nice nuggets found in my region which gives me hope. Dying to try out my Whites TDI and small folded mono coil once the flooding stops and stream beds dry out some. Good luck on your future hunts!
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2023 Silver: 1 Gold: 0

Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America

Quote Originally Posted by Digger_O'Dell View Post
    Beautiful little nuggie! I've been wanting to try my luck in my area even though our geological survey says even tiny nuggets are quite rare though we do have flour gold as placer deposits from the glaciers. But I've seen photos of a few nice nuggets found in my region which gives me hope. Dying to try out my Whites TDI and small folded mono coil once the flooding stops and stream beds dry out some. Good luck on your future hunts!
    Thanks. You should totally try it out. Even the placer gold adds up. That's mostly what we have here in NH.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I just got my 9" HF coil and have high hopes for some of the glacial gold we have here. Great job getting that gold!
    Deus Autem Lutum

XP Deus / CTX 3030 / EQ 800

The real treasure is in the marketing

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Dirt View Post
    I just got my 9" HF coil and have high hopes for some of the glacial gold we have here. Great job getting that gold!
    Thanks JD. You're gonna love that little coil.

Nice find there LB4S ! How's that coil been for relic hunting or coin shooting? It's obviously very sensitive but are your thoughts on it's ability to separate targets?
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

LS - I've had very good luck with separation of coins in junk. But then I'm used to my 11" coil so maybe it's just the size difference I'm seeing.
    Deus Autem Lutum

XP Deus / CTX 3030 / EQ 800

The real treasure is in the marketing

Quote Originally Posted by Lodge Scent View Post
    Nice find there LB4S ! How's that coil been for relic hunting or coin shooting? It's obviously very sensitive but are your thoughts on it's ability to separate targets?
    It's awesome. I was out yesterday (Sunday) and found these two on old Colonial farmland. My buddy was using an ATPro and got skunked.

The lower frequencies are for coins/relics, the middle frequencies are for small objects like earring backs and coins on-edge, and the higher frequencies are for gold prospecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Dirt View Post
    LS - I've had very good luck with separation of coins in junk. But then I'm used to my 11" coil so maybe it's just the size difference I'm seeing.
    True. Where the 11" has good separation, the 9" has excellent separation, due to its smaller size. And the smaller elliptical will be even better. I have the 11" and the new 9" HF and barely notice the difference, tbh.

With the digital nature of this machine and the ability to set the reactivity as high as you'd like, this machine is miles above most other detectors in that department.