Thread: 3 days late and 1 dollar short....

3 days late and 1 dollar short....

Last night after work I decided to hit a street corner close by my house. A water sub station sit there. The station was built in 1936.

I started swinging the coil when I immediately noticed what looked to be holes from a previous detectorist. The plugs were a little sloppy but I could see they were definitely from another treasure hunter.

As I'm swinging, a guy walking his dog comes up and says... you should have been here 3 days ago. He said there was a guy metal detecting here 3 days ago and when I walked by, he called me over to show me what he just found. An 1872 silver dollar!!!! That's a Seated.

Apparently there was a small park there in the early 1900's.

That little corner had been on my short list of places to try for about 2 weeks now. I wished I had went there just a little sooner than I did.

..... maybe next time.

Re: 3 days late and 1 dollar short....

OUCH! But I wouldn't believe everything you hear. I would have never called a stranger over to show him a silver dollar. Hope that makes you feel a little bit better lol Go back, he couldn't have gotten it all. Angel didn't post a Seated Dollar recently, did he? rofl There has got to be something left there.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Re: 3 days late and 1 dollar short....

You can go back and find all the deep goodies he missed! Besides, if you found a seated dollar would you show a complete stranger? I wouldn't. I think he was just messin' with ya!
    Minelab Equinox 600 & Whites Coinmaster, Garrett Propointer, Lesche Digger
    Oldest silver: 1853 Half-dime & 1876S Seated Quarter / Oldest coin: 1849 US Large Cent / 1854 Upper Canada One Penny Bank Token