Thread: Garrett 1350

Elite Member

Garrett 1350

Does anyone else hunt with the 1350
    2014 Goals: 20 Silver, 5 Large Coppers, 1 Gold Coin (not anticipating being able to detect much this year; NEW BABY HERE!!)
    So Far: (0) Silver; (2) KG, LC 1807; (2) IH; (3) Buff

2013 Total: 36 Silver; 5LC (including 1 FUGIO)
    2012 Total:101 Silver; 11 LC

Re: Garrett 1350

RobW does lol
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Elite Member

Yeah, Yeah, just looking for some suggestions to try to get more depth...can't seem to get past the 4-5 inch mark.
    2014 Goals: 20 Silver, 5 Large Coppers, 1 Gold Coin (not anticipating being able to detect much this year; NEW BABY HERE!!)

Quote Originally Posted by RobW View Post
    Yeah, Yeah, just looking for some suggestions to try to get more depth...can't seem to get past the 4-5 inch mark.

You will just have to wait until you get your new toy. I wish I knew Garretts more, but I'm not sure on how to supe them up. lol Most machines are usually run with the disc as low as possible, sensitivity up and Pre Amp (if you have one) up to the point of stability and maybe a hair more. If it has recovery rates or sweep speeds, then they need to be adjusted too. Send it over and I'll look at it lol Really, if you haven't tried any of them adjustments (which you probably already did) then try them. Otherwise, that may be the limit of that machine in our particular junky soil.

Elite Member

My problem when I jump up the sensitivity, It becomes very unstable and the readings are all over the place.

My problem when I jump up the sensitivity, It becomes very unstable and the readings are all over the place.
    Readings sound wise (chatter) or screen wise (numbers)?? To get the maximum depth out of any machine, you have to put up with a bit of chatter and some randon icons or numbers. The trick is to find a way to hear the difference between chatter and better chatter lol Once you get a better iffy reading, you can focus on it and usually tell if it's a deep Wheat of something. Once you open up the hole, it usually gets much better. But unless you stop for it, you will never know it is there. That's why we run our machines hot Rob.

Elite Member

Oh, so you're telling me it's like talking with my wife.....I hear blah, blah, blah, something important....blah, blah, blah, so I should not pay attention to the blah nor the visuals.

Oh, so you're telling me it's like talking with my wife.....I hear blah, blah, blah, something important....blah, blah, blah, so I should not pay attention to the blah nor the visuals.
    Pretty much lol