Thread: Sorry for my absence

Sorry for my absence

Sometimes you have moments in life that consume all of your attention or time and leave little time for anything else Well for the last month or two I've had a couple of things that were in the forefront of my medulla oblongata ....

One was trying to settle into a new job , hours and routine ....

This has taken about two months now but things are starting to "settle" and find my place and new faces to get use too.

the second thing was coping with my oldest Daughter (Kimberly) and knowing for these last few months she would be leaving me and my wife (Suzette) , moving out to Arizona to continue her college education at ASU . She left last Tuesday Aug. 1 but there was much preparation leading up to that point , we had a large gathering of her close friends and family the Saturday before for a "pigroast" to say last goodbyes . then Tuesday it was families turn .

It was a very bittersweet Day of mixed emotions ... We said good bye to our oldest Daughter as she boarded a Jet to Phoenix to pursue her education and dreams. Truthfully I don' know when the next time I'll see her , I've heard that your children are the only thing in this world that can make you the proudest and break your heart at the same time .... Is it selfish of me to wish her the best and also hope things don't work out so she comes back home to me ??? I love you so much my daughter and I really pray for your success , safety and happiness !! I didn't want to let you go at the airport ! Dad
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

And life goes on......as your shirt shows.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

That's a great photo of you and your daughter. Someone said to me once that you have 18 years to pack their bags before they leave the nest. You packed her bags well, my friend. You, and your wife, did good.
    XP Deus

Congrats on a job well done, Dan....she'll do well in the world. I hope you like your new gig too! Love the shirt
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Awwwwww.....that's nice. Sorry I missed this post when you did it Dan. It is very hard when the fledglings leave the nest and go off to school. The good thing about her going to ASU is that though ASU is a great school and Tempe is a great college town ......it's just too hot for 6 months of the year for someone from CT to want to permanently relocate there

Life does come fast sometimes and from multiple angles. But there's nothing like a good day out in the woods detecting to help keep your sanity.
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

First of all, congrats on your new job, Dan. I hope that it is a nice opportunity for you.

Secondly, I understand your reluctance to let your daughter go so far away to college. I'm sure that she will blossom into a fine young woman. You should be proud. Best to you and your daughter.
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg