Hi folks,

Here's a look at my finds from the last few hunts over the past few weeks. Got out and hunted some cellar holes in the woods and also an old golf course from the 1800s/early 1900s with my buddies Daniel and Joe from Green Mountain Diggers (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuF...a94AU6g/videos). Also hit an c. 1850 farm house with my friend Pete from across the lake over on the NY side of the valley. A variety of items spanning 150 years or so from these hunts including typical fare from the late 1700s/1800s (musket ball, flat/dandy buttons, buckle, escutcheon piece, '57 wheatie etc.). Did pull a really fat/squat and large shaped ox-knob at one of the cellars. Never dug that type before - if that's indeed what it is. Also snagged a clasp from a ladies Victorian era purse that's quite decorative. Thanks to Mud Dog Mandy for the help on the ID. Best coins were the 1906IH from the farm site, and another sharp Barber Dime from the golf course. Finally, found an embossed bottle in three pieces at one of the cellars. A few small doses of epoxy and buffing in the right places made her whole again. Reads "Rev. N.H. Downs Vegetable Balsamic Elixir" and is from the late 1800s to around the turn of the 20th century. A fairly common type. Thanks for looking and HH!

John

Name:  wideshot.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  39.2 KBName:  button.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  19.3 KBName:  coat_button.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  18.7 KBName:  buckle.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  21.0 KBName:  purse.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  23.9 KBName:  1906IH2.jpg