Last time I posted, I said I was better. Well, I was wrong. Things got worse and I been down for quite a while. Good thing the last few things I found were the two reales and the trime. Sorry for my absence from the forum. I did check the feed from time to time to see all the great finds, but even with the bookface, I just perused. The stuff I was 'forced' to deal with, I kinda just didn't 'deal' with all the other stuff. Plus I had no finds.

This past week I made it out for some 'exercise' before I made a comeback to work. I am recovered enough to do some limited hiking/hunting. There is still some recovery left to go, but at least this time I can say with confidence that I am on the mend. Thursday I made it to a site I had found some brass items at before. There was some swinging room, but the ferns aren't gone yet... and the rest of the growth, I didn't have my shears or machete with, so I dealt. Here I pulled a really bulbous ox knob, some other brass piece (like a lever?), and a mangled lantern. There were two other lead bars I found, almost like monster wheel weights (they were just bars). Those were the best signals.
Name:  Pile O'pinecones 2.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  81.2 KBName:  Finds variety 2.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  86.8 KB
Saturday I made it out to a cellar maybe 1/2 mile in the woods. It was caved in and very old. The walls were really low lying. Here I found a neck stock buckle by the lip. The musket drop that looks a bit chewed and the ring were within 25ft of the cellar. The rest was devoid of targets. Idk about the ring, but I know loggers wouldn't have dropped it. There are no hiking paths so I don't think it was lost by a hiker. There are no defining marks. I am not sure if they are stone or glass. If stone, ruby and topaz.
Name:  Dug Ring 2.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  89.2 KBName:  Ring cleaned 2.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  84.3 KB

I hiked a little ways from there to another spot. Inside a raised foundation I pulled an LC. Didn't take too long to get back into the grove. Lol. I thought it was toasted from being in a fire. Peroxide didn't touch the crud. I started with the toothpick and was surprised to find a really sharp 1847 braided LC. They made it into a wizzer; I made it into a necklace. I did try using a string. It doesn't make much of a wizzing sound.
Name:  Cleaning in process 2.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  137.2 KBName:  Matron cleaned 1847 nu2.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  134.9 KBName:  Matron reverse cleaned 2.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  61.2 KBName:  Braided necklace 2.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  66.0 KB