Picked up a hardly used 11” coil for my Deus for a great price. Decided to give it a shot at one of my cellar hole sites that will soon be developed with houses. I was focusing on deep targets and dug a good bit of deep iron. But I did manage a couple of unusual finds. The first was this small brass case.

I could hear something rattling inside of it but I couldn’t open it. When I got home I had to peel back a corner of the case to reveal the object in side. It was this 1 inch tall bronze religious statue. Without too much work, Google revealed it is a Saint Anthony pocket shrine. I had never heard of such a thing.

The other unusual find took a bit longer to figure out. I thought I had dug a killer KG III halfpenny.

When I got home and started removing dirt from the reverse, I was left scratching my head wondering what the heck it was. Turns out it is an 1813 Half Stiver. I had never heard of such a thing. The reverse says “ Colonies of Essequebo & Demarary Token”. It is now part of Guyana.

The rest of the morning's digs:

Jeff