Thread: 5 silver hunt and some other goodies

Elite Member

5 silver hunt and some other goodies

The heat and humidity has been brutal so I opted for an old go to spot that has lots of trees. Always amazing how much stuff a guy misses. Found a few pockets I missed and ended up with 3 Mercs, 2 war nickels, 2 Buffalos and some really nasty wheats (7 total) and an old silver ring missing the stone. The trees definitely saved the day or I think I would of gave up after an hour. Cooling temps coming Wednesday so that will be a welcomed change. Keep swinging Wisconsin Digger
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

Grats on more silvers. To go along with what you said, I've def missed a few obvious targets like when I was recovering there was a quarter at 2.5". It was a 1965 nonetheless....after I had just dug a 1965 penny. ugh. Drew said he missed a coin (Toasted LC?) in his front yard after he had been over the spot 1000x. This weekend I found obvious targets in the 50s VDI to 80s VDI like a rein guide. I wasn't more than 25ft from the cellar either.
    Future goals: Capped bust coin, Flowing hair LC, Classic head LC, VT copper, MA copper, Pistareen, Two-cent pc, SLQ, GW inaugural button, Excelsior button, Civil war token, and a gold ring.

That's a lot of nickel targets that you dug.! Congrats on the silver. The field I was detecting Saturday had no shade at all. First time in my detecting career I stopped walked back to the truck to get more water.

Congratulations on a fantastic hunt .You really kicked butt !!

Very nice WD! Always great to keep finding more even when you think it hunted out. Wish I could say that about a couple of my old sites, but I don't even get a peep of trash any more.
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2023 Silver: 1 Gold: 0

Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America

Elite Member
    It's a Park from the early 30's that has the trifecta of 10-12 signals, pulltabs, bottle caps and shotgun stamps. I don't think a lot of nickels were found over the years including by me. Takes a lot of digging to find the hidden nickels but it does have a lot of them. Even found 2 V nickels there this year. Always worth visiting especially in fall. Thx WD
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes