Thread: Old resort hunt.

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar

Old resort hunt.

I obtained permission to access a creek that ran through and old resort hoping to find the swimming hole. While talking to the owner of the property he stated that I could also hunt his land that once had part of the resort on it. I started in the water and found out quickly that it was going to be tough due to the rocky bottom. I started to just clear away the rocks and use the AT pointer to locate the target. This was work8ng fine until About 30 minutes into the hunt my AT propointer went nuts. When I opened it up it was filled with water so the water hunt was over quickly.
    I transitioned to the land for my last 2 hours and was pleasantly surprised with a few good finds, 3 Wheats, a 1936 Buffalo and a 1938 Merc.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

Sorry to hear about your pinpointer....your keepers look great.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Congrats on the permission and the good finds! Sounds like you're not doing well with your equipment in the water. I like to use a water resistant grease on my pinpointer o-ring as a little more insurance against that happening. I'll bet there's probably a lot of good stuff hiding in that creek. Places like that I use a pick I made to turn over the rocks and also to be able to dig in the hard pack. Hiluxota has a video demonstrating how he made his, and I made my own heavier variation for our local conditions.
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2023 Silver: 1 Gold: 0

Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America

Great going on getting permission and scoring some great coins .Sorry to hear your pro pointer drowned ,were you able to revive it or is it going back to Garretts ?

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheap Thrills View Post
    Great going on getting permission and scoring some great coins .Sorry to hear your pro pointer drowned ,were you able to revive it or is it going back to Garretts ?
    It was already sent back and returned. It cost me $42 to repair it and it looks like a brand new pointer, new shell, button and circuit board. I’m not sure what the6 used from my old one but at least it was cheaper than buying new.

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

Looks like you have a nice site there...good luck on return visits!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Nice Finds man sorry to hear about your pinpointer good luck on your return visits
    Oldest Coin - 1830 Large Cent
    Oldest Silver - 1898 Barber Dime

Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT Pro Pointer

Sounds like a really good spot, I am sure you will make some good finds there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Minelab Equinox 600 & Whites Coinmaster, Garrett Propointer, Lesche Digger
    Oldest silver: 1853 Half-dime & 1876S Seated Quarter / Oldest coin: 1849 US Large Cent / 1854 Upper Canada One Penny Bank Token

Nice finds. I bet more coins are just waiting for your return. Good luck!
    -------------------
    Oldest coin: Roman Silver Denarius (Titus) 79-81 AD / Oldest US coin: 1786-1788 NJ Copper (x4)
    Best relics: Medieval lead seal matrix (1200s) / 1789 George Washington Inaugural Button (x2)
    Deus II / Equinox 900 - Personal website: www.Detectorist.com

Elite Member
    Nice finds, Good to see a post from you. Hope you can spend some more time there. My water adventures have not tuned out that well this year either. Congrats bon the new locale WD
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

Grats on the silver. That pro pointer is supposed to be waterproof. Read thru comments and it looks like you got it repaired. $42 ain't bad.
    Future goals: Capped bust coin, Flowing hair LC, Classic head LC, VT copper, MA copper, Pistareen, Two-cent pc, SLQ, GW inaugural button, Excelsior button, Civil war token, and a gold ring.

Congrats on some good finds Jeff.
    You always seem to find great places to detect!!
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 4
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos