Not too stressed out about it though because it only cost me $8.99 at Harbor Freight to replace it. I bought the first one about 3 years ago. I figured I would snap the blade soon but it took a lot more abuse than I thought it could handle. The blade is still fine, but I left it somewhere in the woods last time out.

The blade is 8 inches long with another 6 inches of handle. The handle has a cap that unscrews and is hollow. It comes with some "survival" gear. I'll throw that stuff out and put in the magnesium fire starter and a whistle instead. The spine is serrated and it cuts really well. The only knock I have is the sheath. It is a cheapo. I fixed that last time by cutting a couple of pieces of an old leather belt the shape of the blade and sticking it down in the sheath to stop the blade from cutting the seam threads.

I like it because not only is it a great digger, but if I run into a sasquatch or a crack head in the middle of the woods, they might think twice about trying anything when they see that on my belt.

I use my regular shovel to start holes but this works great if I suspect I have something good in the hole and I need to carefully dig it out. Good bargain for $9.00. I'm not going to cry if I break it....or leave it in the woods