Thread: Found this today need some advice

Found this today need some advice

Got out for a hour today started scouting around other areas of my 1880s permission and this popped out! Not sure what it is so any ideas are appreciated. I am also looking for advice on cleaning in an attempt to get some of the dirt off? Looks pretty old to me, its hammered and slighlty off centered. I can make out a bust on the front and some lettering on the back.could be a button but is pretty heavy and thick for a button. Appreciate any feedback.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Looks like a Roman coin.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

think your right,roman coin, and from what i can see on it it looks like a Constantin the great c. 272 AD – 337 AD).
    great find mate,i think that's 7 found in hew England now,Ive got 2 of them

Quote Originally Posted by lee View Post
    think your right,roman coin, and from what i can see on it it looks like a Constantin the great c. 272 AD – 337 AD).
    great find mate,i think that's 7 found in hew England now,Ive got 2 of them
    I think it takes a European to sniff them out!
    Unreal find!!! I hope you find out exactly what it is and how to care for it!!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Thanks for the feedback when I popped it first thing that came to mind was roman!! Was kinda shaking But couldnt comprehend what it would be doing in the suburbs of philadelphia, turns out soldiers from WW1 and WW2 brought some back as souvenirs someone lost it and I am thankful to have it I will post another picture when I get around to cleaning and preserving it.