Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going deep With The Vision/V3/V3i

Re: Going deep With The Vision/V3/V3i

Yes,with a coil other than the D2 this isnt noticed when in loctrac.With the 6x10 the offset definately has an effect.I tried the 6x10 for coinshooting and prospecting and could get a complete reversal with the offset adjustment (that is,going from an increase in threshold towards the ground, to an increase when lifting the coil away from the ground).I have noticed the difference in autotrac with the D2,as youve stated Jack.Its only the D2 in loctrac that the manual offset seems to have no effect on evening out the threshold.
    E-Trac, X-1
    Sovereign GT, S-1
    Ace 250

The D2 is sensitive but is my favorite coil. The offset won't help. If you set to +1 and ground balance it will balance sightly positive. I won't help to make the coil balance. Rob
    Advise is cheap, mine is free.
    V3 MXT Mr. Bill IDX

Hi, Jack. I'm confused. If you aren't using discrimination how can you set your VDI tones so that you don't hear the VDI's you don't want to hear? VDI's aren't considered in All Metal mode. Thanks for the help.

Fisher CZ21, Excalibur II 800 (scuba), Minelab X-Terra 705, DeepTech Vista SMART, AKA Sorex Pro, Fisher CZ70Pro, Fish CZ3D

Quote Originally Posted by DirtFisher View Post
    Hi, Jack. I'm confused. If you aren't using discrimination how can you set your VDI tones so that you don't hear the VDI's you don't want to hear? VDI's aren't considered in All Metal mode. Thanks for the help.
    I am in discrimination mode. I am just not setting any VDI's to be rejected. By setting the Tone to 0 you don't hear it.
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer

This was a great post. Thanks

Thanks, Jack. I understand now.

Fisher CZ21, Excalibur II 800 (scuba), Minelab X-Terra 705, DeepTech Vista SMART, AKA Sorex Pro, Fisher CZ70Pro, Fish CZ3D

How do I set up to get the 3 freq pinpoint with the single freq mode? Thanks for any assistance with this.

Quote Originally Posted by kingskid View Post
    How do I set up to get the 3 freq pinpoint with the single freq mode? Thanks for any assistance with this.
    Wouldn't this be a nice feature! Unfortunately this is not possible currently with the V3/V3i. The number of frequencies used for pinpoint mode will be the same as the number used in motion mode.
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer

Thank all. Great post!
    Contact us for fastest and best service around!
    We will beat any price or deal. Have questions on a machine?
    Bart@BigBoysHobbies.net or Call or text 405-206-9010
    Minelab Partner of the year award for the USA 2012. Minelab Customer service award 2012.