Thread: Hello from sw wisconsin

Hello from sw wisconsin

I am new to the world of Metal detecting, but have already found relics I would have only dreamed I would unearth. Everything from War of 1812 and Civil War buttons, to War of 1812 belt buckles. The silver has not been as plentiful, but the relics have been practically jumping from the ground. With only an Ace 400 and a Garrett "carrot" in my arsenal, I am proud of my new collection. The friendships I have made so far though are by far my favorite find. I have made friendships that will surely stand the test of time, which for me is the best part. You all are a special bunch of people, remember that!

Hello and welcome from another Wisconsinite! Youve really got some great keepers, congrats! You're in one of the best areas of the state for the old stuff, lots of history along the big rivers. Sure wish I was into detecting when I lived in Lacrosse!
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2024: Silver 1, Gold 0
    Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: Late 1700's Chinese Cash Coin, 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest Relic find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America
    Quote: Treasures are like potato chips, you can never have just one!

Welcome and good luck to you

Welcome to the forum from New Jersey!
    -------------------
    Oldest coin: Roman Silver Denarius (Titus) 79-81 AD / Oldest US coin: 1786-1788 NJ Copper (x4)
    Best relics: Medieval lead seal matrix (1200s) / 1789 George Washington Inaugural Button (x2)
    Deus II / Equinox 900 - Personal website: www.Detectorist.com

Welcome from western MA. Your arsenal seems to be working quite well for you, some great relics. Looking forward to seeing your finds and feel free to put up some photos(we love pics) of those great relics.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum and the hobby from another Wisconsinite. I’m located in SE Wisconsin. You are off to a great start and as mentioned above you are in a good area of the state for some oldies. Good luck with the season we have left. Jeff

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

Hello and welcome Cladiator , Please feel free to show off some of your proudest recoveries . We love pictures!

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Glad you joined us! I used the ACE 300 years ago and did well. What have they added to the 400 (other than 100 points )? I hope you enjoy the site!!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew